Sign in to follow this  
Dove

New Player Friendly start zone

As the title suggests, there's been an influx of new players joining the server and there's even more coming, potentially.

The current start zone can prove a little too demanding and convoluted for those who are still downloading the client and getting used to all the new features. There's many, many objects processing in the background and the zone design makes everything feel very crowded when there's a lot of people online at the same time in start.

As such, I suggest something along the lines of flatlands, simple design, not too many objects necessary to process, and enough space for everyone to move around.

EDIT: i've been bullied into making a POLL

https://www.strawpoll.me/42868422

Edited by Dove

make it a contest too. a good community objective to make a cool .tele start with all the new building tools people are playing about with.

1 minute ago, gavinlad said:

make it a contest too. a good community objective to make a cool .tele start with all the new building tools people are playing about with.

Great idea, good way to involve the community.

yea this would be nice, considering some folks just don’t have the processing power to even load the start zone at all -- which i think is very exclusive of the team, regardless of intention 

agree, feelsbad for the people who'd end up having some sort of epileptic attack over the blue rave that's gonna be happening on their faces as soon as they log in for the first time

MAKE THE START ZONE YOJAMBA

YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA, YO-JAM-BA,

HELLO IT'S BEEN MONTHS CAN WE PLEASE GET A YES OR NO ESPECIALLY SINCE WE'RE IN A MUCH MORE DIRE NEED OF IT NOW WITH THE INFLUX AND HOW SLOWLY THE START ZONE IS LOADING FOR THE NEWBIES 

THANK YOU

Regardless of reason, I feel like ignoring this is a little counter-productive. We don't want something new, but something that works. Can we please focus on player-friendly accessibilty that doesn't require powerful computers? And can we please focus on the fact that a big portion of the community is asking for this as well? The silence has raised a lot of questions. Hundreds of objects + hundreds of people + rendering + countless TRPs just doesn't work anymore. We don't necessarily require a new build. even an empty infinite flatlands is enough.

Edited by Dove
typo

agreed

i think we should either get a new start zone temporarily until nomi (which if i get it right would alleviate the lag issue?) gets finished or we get a new start zone period that's either made from scratch or a remote map somewhere

i recall it being possible to make maps in noggit and upport them to bfa so doing that sans water and adding it thereafter is something that could be done no?? idk i never used noggit it scares me

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I agree with this, i would love to see a new start and make it simple. So people first loging in can get into the game and prepare trp's and get to know some peops on the server without lagging alot.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, Razmataz said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Working on it.

Thank you for the response, truly. ❤️ 

That alone was reassuring to hear.

Okay, this evolved into more than just an initial loading zone. We've got a nice, "lightly populated" (2500 objects) introductory area which will also give new people a little questline to get accustomed to the server.

Sign in to follow this