Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

.npc run and .npc walk break on wmos

On .WMOs you spawn, .npc walk and .npc run will make the NPC fall through the ground unless you use .npc fly (in which case they will swim).

I can't be bothered doing the form for this.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Ack.

This is going to be difficult to fix... the wmos don't exist as a collidable surface to NPCs, it's usually the client doing assumptions / approximations.

Collision is super low level code and I don't think either I nor Azarchius are knowledgable enough at low engine level code to 1: investigate it, 2: fix it and 3: fix it without impacting performance.

?

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

On 4/8/2021 at 5:53 PM, Razmataz said:

Ack.

This is going to be difficult to fix... the wmos don't exist as a collidable surface to NPCs, it's usually the client doing assumptions / approximations.

Collision is super low level code and I don't think either I nor Azarchius are knowledgable enough at low engine level code to 1: investigate it, 2: fix it and 3: fix it without impacting performance.

Good news on that front, I have a work around. You can have the NPC cast a spell to replace their animations for swim to one for walk ? 
139950 = Swim - Walk

119851 = Walk - Sprint

I haven't personally tested this on this server, but it should work as I've done it on others.

Let me know the results and if not I'll take a look at what I can do!

On 4/8/2021 at 10:51 PM, Erkor said:

?

❤️

Tested in game, this does work.

Edited by OlivierVysoren

changing .npc walk/run to have extra params

e.g.

.npc walk here height

.npc run there formation

the 'height' will skip the height calculation and use your given height. it won't be able to do much sophisticatd path generation with it, though, so you can't make them go up a ___/ ͞ ͞ ͞  unless you do 3 walks, one to start of ramp, one to top of ramp, one to the end of the raised platform.

Sign in to follow this