AmberBerries

New Player Guide Ingame

Hi all!

I've been showing quite a few of my friends Epsilon, and many of them end up getting confused with some of the commands, fairly basic advice I give them, such as:

• Disabling global chat channels when Roleplaying, so as to not clog up the chat
  • How to create and enter their own private phase
  • Toggling Appear / Summon + Using the commands
  • How to find phases to join
  • How to join a phase manually
  • How to find transmogs via Mogit

I think if possible, it'd be nice to have a new player guide visible somewhere from the UI, perhaps when you first log in, something that people can refer to to give them some basic advice to get them started, rather than relying on scrolling through the forums or asking people on the discord.

I wouldn't say anything complex is required, for detailed guides on things, a link to the forums would suffice. But an easy to access in-game list of basic commands, a tutorial on how to do more basic things would be nice.

One of my friends whom I have been showing the ropes had tried Epsilon before but didn't really figure anything out - and I imagine the same is the case with other new players who don't know people.

Just a thought that cropped to mind, figured it might help!

Thanks a bunch for all the good work! ?

I cant second this enough. I just started tonight and am scouring forums and the discord for even the most basic of information.

Either i am horribly overlooking things, or the information is hidden behind needing to know what to ask for, before being able to ask for it.

For instance i know what i want to transmog and have the item IDs but simple things like how exactly to transmog are still something im working out.

The command list can be quite daunting and unfriendly to first time players - totally understandable. I'll see about bringing it up with the team on some more ideas to bring better information to new players.

10 hours ago, Arma said:

I cant second this enough. I just started tonight and am scouring forums and the discord for even the most basic of information.

Either i am horribly overlooking things, or the information is hidden behind needing to know what to ask for, before being able to ask for it.

For instance i know what i want to transmog and have the item IDs but simple things like how exactly to transmog are still something im working out.

For the quick on your example: We don't really use the actual transmog system here, you just wear the items that you want - so if you have the item IDs, you can use ".add #ID" to add the item to your inventory, and then equip it. There should be no restrictions on items either, so you can equip/wear anything you want. For now, if you do have any questions on how to do things, or for more information, the best bet is to ask in #game-support on the Discord.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

A condensed or compendium of guides would be really nice to just have available in the launcher. It would probably be easier to integrate than putting stuff in-engine and be just as good.