Ethereal

Discord Server Template for Pepsi!

Hey everyone! So just under a year ago I wrote a guide on the RPH forums where I created a server template for phase owners to create their own Discord server with relative ease.

Discord created the ability for users to have a Discord server that would act as a 'template'. When you use the link, this template copies all channels/roles/permissions and makes them into your own server. Below, I'll write a guide for how you can get this functioning for you.

It’s fairly easy to set up. All you’ll need is to copy the link below, and then add a bot to your server.
Clicking this link should tell you what channels are added, as well as the roles - obviously, once the server is made, you’re free to make changes as you see fit. A template is just a template!
https://discord.new/N6wr5ydyMkPx
Once you visit that link you’ll be presented with the basic details as such: this
You can change the name and icon before making the server.

Now, the bot: You’ll want to add Dyno to your server; Here is a link to Dyno's webpage
Once he’s in, you’ll be presented with a dash that looks a bit like this. At the lefthand side, go to Modules.

NOTE: Please be sure once you’ve added Dyno to your server that his role is ABOVE at LEAST the Guest rank. Otherwise, the feature below will not work!

UqhY8zD.png

Once there, look for a panel labeled as “Autoroles” and click on “Settings”

5UaiyyJ.png

Almost done - now on this page you’ll want to go and select the role “Guest” under “Select Role”, and then set the delay timer to 0 - now press ‘Add’.

CdVXzyZ.png

And you’re done! You now have a fully operational server with private entry. New users will be given the Guest role automatically, in which the only channel they can view is the “welcome-channel”. They can request a role there. This is to prevent trolls/evaders/whatever from just entering your server and mucking around.

Both the NSFW and 'nsfw access' roles can be deleted if you don't care for those. This will not cause problems for the rest of the server. However the nsfw channel cannot be seen by users without the nsfw access role -- unless they have admin privileges.

OPTIONAL STEPS - This is for users that want a bit more of an advanced system in place for their server-logs channel.

Spoiler

On the left-hand side of the dashboard under Modules, click on “Action Log”.

You’ll be presented with a new page where you can toggle various actions to be logged automatically by the bot. Under the category “Log Channel” click the dropdown, and set the channel to server-logs.

FYeBZrt.png

If you set it up properly, you can also have an account’s age listed on the user’s join message when they enter the server. To change this, just modify the value under “New Account Age” at the top right. Also - make sure the module is enabled, at the top right. It should be GREEN.

If there turn out to be any problems with the template, let me know here or on Discord. Adjustments are not hard to make and I can update the template link any time.

(also if anyone knows how I can better format this thread let me know, I don't do forum posts frequently)

Edited by Ethereal