Sign in to follow this  
Bastille

TRP3: Colors and Icons

after the x and y sizes you can add offset x and offset y after scaling it to make icons appear in different places. 

["RA"] = "|TINTERFACE\\ICONS\\Ability_Racial_Viciousness:30:30:150:250|t|cffb35900 

I've always wanted to know how to do this but could never gather the courage to bother people for it. Thank you for the guide Bastille! 

Cool guide - if I have a few moments free, I'll see about writing up a miniguide to do it all in-game.

I used the same guide from the RPH forums to get into doing this myself. One thing I'd like to note while I'm here;

33e7vwy.png

I think images in a TRP should be much smaller and fewer in number. Also, it's best to stick to a rule of thumb; no more than 2-3 colors. Otherwise it looks a bit ridiculous.

Perhaps next time, instead of putting the worgen image and shadow dancer image in, use one of the two and instead of at 30:30 put it at 20:20. TRP's start looking obnoxious when you add too many images.

But thank you for this, I'm sure many like myself would enjoy their own creative stamp via coloration.

9e3d9243b100235406bd182b7b6f2ba9.png

9ce7aadb04f6fe22373c29eb3bfb0db9.png

7 hours ago, Traius said:

I used the same guide from the RPH forums to get into doing this myself. One thing I'd like to note while I'm here;

33e7vwy.png

I think images in a TRP should be much smaller and fewer in number. Also, it's best to stick to a rule of thumb; no more than 2-3 colors. Otherwise it looks a bit ridiculous.

Perhaps next time, instead of putting the worgen image and shadow dancer image in, use one of the two and instead of at 30:30 put it at 20:20. TRP's start looking obnoxious when you add too many images.

But thank you for this, I'm sure many like myself would enjoy their own creative stamp via coloration.

I'll keep that in mind when Epsilon is launched. I'll more than likely scale the icons down some, and possibly switch up the colors. Regardless of how edgy mine is, I'm hoping this will help everyone else in their creation of their TRP3.

Edited by Bastille

Woof.

A small reminder to check the edited red text at the top of the guide pertaining to version 1.2.9 and the Sanitize Incoming Profiles option. If you don't want to lose your edited progress, don't update to 1.2.9 for it will automatically 'sanitize' your profile, removing most to all the colors and icons.

Woof.

Made another Edit explaining how to max Personality Traits since a couple people have asked.

Woof.

Made a newer edit that bypasses the Auto Sanitize option. Check out the header up top in the guide.
(Big thanks to Blackrose for figuring it all out.)

Woof.