Stitches

NPC Creator/Forge

Hello, Epsilon! I'm Stitches, and I wanted to make a suggestion about an NPC Creator/Forge.

Most people here are coming from RPH, and are familiar with their Forge, and their custom layout for NPC's (that you could add armor onto and such), but for now, I'm going to stick to the basic NPC Forge. Putting the display ID into, giving a guild tag, renaming, putting a level, giving the choice of showing its level or the infamous "??" level, things like that.

"Well, why should we add a NPC Forge? I think we're fine just the way we are without it, or it coming in later."

I'm glad you asked that question. I do think we could do without an NPC Forge for now, it should be a later priority, there are many things that need to be done before it. However, when people are ready to come into phases, the way that the NPC Forge could come into the scene is like this:

You want to place down some civilians that are in a big circle. Of course, it's a city, and you don't want every individual person to look the same. Use multiple display ID's under a basic name, "Insert City Name Commoner", to spawn in the commonly named NPC's, but they have a chance out of all the display ID's to look different. Some men and women with shirts and pants on, some garbed in armor, some covered in robes, things like that.

"Well, I'm not making a city. I'm making a castle, and all the NPC's look the same. In fact, I found one that works perfectly, armor set and all!"

That's great, but it definitely could be a bit more immersive. All the knights in your castle may be wearing the same attire, but what about some rangers, or other types of knights? I'm sure not all of them use just swords and shields. How about this:

Use the NPC Forge to grab the display ID of the knight, but place a different weapon on it. Maybe a polearm, or a two handed axe. Name it after your castle, "Insert castle name Knight", or give it the guild tag of your castle's name, or your guild, if the castle is your base. The diversity is just enough to make it realistic, or even vice versa, to your liking.

"That's good and all, but why would you suggest it now? I'm sure it would be bound to happen some time soon."

I'm sure it is too, some people would like it sooner than others, some people are just fine without it. Some people need NPC's to build around (Yes, I've seen this before). Some people, speaking for myself, are totally OCD, and would like most, if not everything to be symmetrical, so that it looks appealing to the eye. I wouldn't know if an NPC would have a decent time walking through this place, or if the helmet I'd like my NPC to wear would clip through the ceiling of this place. It's just small things, yes, but sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry. Some people use the NPC Forge for some amazing things too. Giving the opportunity to have gossip channels for NPC's gives a whole new level of immersion for your phase. Perhaps you need a welcomer, someone who explains the rules of your phase, the story of it, or how people's characters got there.

That's why I think we should implement the NPC Forge. Thank you for your time, and I appreciate you reading my post!

-Stitches

You can be assured, we'll be getting a lot of different forges soon™. No need to worry. It's just that there are priorities to deal with first. Server is still young!

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

We're going to do probably all of this, just cooler. Will let you know (no timeframe yet).