Sign in to follow this  
Jikial

Hallo

Hello!

I am Jikial, have been since years back on Gaiaonline. I am an on-and-off WoW roleplayer but a constant overall roleplayer.
Anywho.

• Millennial

INTERESTS 'N' HOBBIES:

• Linguistics
  • Historical Sociology
  • International Politics and Relations
  • Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning
  • Psychology
  • TTRPG
  • Computer Gaming
  • Computer Modification/Building
  • DIY
  • Hiking/Roughing It
  • Etc.

CHARACTER STUFF:

I can play anything but my characters all end up being connected in some way; from anything as simple as having nodded heads at each other to as complicated as entangled back stories where they never met but still influenced each other. My current roster of characters explores themes of redemption, recovery, and the crisis of self. I play a wide range of personalities and types, but they all remain adaptable in both language and mannerisms to fit whatever story they're fitting into at the time. I heavily enjoy portraying accents and referencing the medium of the roleplay. I believe 'less is more' when it comes to describing a majority of things; you know what someone drawing a sword looks like, add a qualifier and I have faith in your imagination to do it justice in the mindscape. "Justin draws his sword" like he's done it a thousand times before, "Justin clumsily draws his sword, and takes a moment with it," allows you to have fun with however that looks for you.

I am good with any theme.

SELF STUFF:

My IRL situation is borked, so I tend to stay away from deeply involved storylines which have an absolute must for attendance at hours considered awkward or inconvenient for me. Why? Because IC it's hard to justify why my character who cares enough to be involved is not there for major events and tends to lead them into deterioration. I am one of those who doesn't talk often but once you get me face-to-face or in a small group I don't shut up. There is a LOT going on in my life at any given moment; but I always have time for some good-ol'-fashioned text RP.

TLDR; I'm a vet at RP with some pretentious-ass hobbies and interests and characters with mental health issues. I'm busy all the time.

Hiya, nice to meet you Jikial.

I can see we're equally busy all the dang time!

Sounds like from your interests and hobbies including AI, you might be a bit of a programmer of sorts?

5 hours ago, Razmataz said:

Sounds like from your interests and hobbies including AI, you might be a bit of a programmer of sorts?

I wish! Truthfully this is a relatively recent pick up for me, as my current career is more focused on critical analysis with spots of linguistics. I am trying to pick this up because AI fascinates me even if it turns out it's actually hilariously constrained in capabilities currently.

But I have resources I am working with to learn about this stuff around all the other things I do, and make a living with.

Sweet! I had a fascination with AI but never enjoyed the concept of machine learning (because you don't get to do anything!) Got to do a bit of maze navigation with them back in the day.