Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

gossip additions

A couple of things:

• The ability to make an option close out of the gossip window would be nice.
  • Being able to make NPCs cast a spell on you via the gossip window would be cool as well, if possible.
  • Adding to the above, it'd be great if you could use the gossip window to trigger NPC emotes via options or text boxes.
  • Additionally, letting NPC gossips work like teleporters would be nice, too. It'd fill the same niche as gob teleporters in a way, but talking to transport NPC to teleport somewhere is more immersive imo than talking to the wagon or a book.

• I don't know if this is the right place for this suggestion, nor how much effort it would take, but an addon for an interface to make the gossip creation process a bit less painful would be well-appreciated by anyone who works with that system a lot.
Edited by Erkor

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The gossip engine is designed to eventually support most of these things, but those systems aren't in place / compatible with the gossip system yet. It's quite a horrifyingly endless scope creep ticket.

Agreed on the interface, but i'm no LUA pro so I have to wait for someone to say they want to make it and tell me what they need from me.

(:<

thank u razmataz i will pray for good programming

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png