Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

texture shifting weirdness

I reported this in the game support channel once but didn't think more of it after I couldn't replicate it.

The time has come.

Phase texture shifting appears to break in some way in select ADTs bordering other zones. That's the only consistency I can find. 

I think the specific combination is that one zone is doodad-shifted and texture-shifted and the other is not. The end result is this:

image.thumb.png.ebcf782dfabc0565aa6bb440db3b86bf.png

Note that the entirety of Southern Barrens is not texture shifted. It uses the same textures and tileset as Northern Barrens.

Using .gps f 300 or any distance to force-reload the zone (teleporting to another map or far enough away works, too) remedies the issue, but only for yourself.

image.thumb.png.3fbcbc2cd610cd64e1644a6d45518cf4.png

Note that after doing this, Southern Barrens is texture-shifted again. This persists until you manage to undo the texture shifting (e.g. leaving the phase and teleporting to unload the texture shift), but is client-side.

Other people may still see the issue. It's more noticeable on more extravagant texture changes but I'm not at liberty to do that in this phase, as it's publically hosted.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png