Sign in to follow this  
Neiyri

Phase Appear for Officers

Recently I've been added as a Officer to a rather active phase, and I keep running into the problem that when people need help, they have their appear disabled. Not allowing me to go to their location.

I'd like to suggest the idea to implement a .ph appear playername to allow Officers to appear to anyone that are in their phase.

I don't DM nor do I do Officer stuff anymore, but I can note the influences it can have both positive and negative, but the positive outweighs most negative claims, I approve.

Just -- ask them to turn it off. Giving officers the ability to go to whoever they want, whenever, can also be as invasive as it is helpful. I really don't want officers having the ability to appear to me unless I want them to.

YES. Once you are in a phase you submit to the fact that an Officer might feel the need to check on you for a reason or another, even if you do -NOT- request their presence at their own discretion.  

7 minutes ago, Nilith said:

YES. Once you are in a phase you submit to the fact that an Officer might feel the need to check on you for a reason or another, even if you do -NOT- request their presence at their own discretion.  

Yeah no this is just incredibly invasive. If this is added then we just need yet another .toggle for phase appear. I really do not wanting -ANYONE- I don't know appearing to me if I don't want them to. This is the kind of addition that would get me to avoid public phases completely. 

Just ask the person to turn it off so you can appear to them. It's that simple.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:13 PM, Ethereal said:

Yeah no this is just incredibly invasive. If this is added then we just need yet another .toggle for phase appear. I really do not wanting -ANYONE- I don't know appearing to me if I don't want them to. This is the kind of addition that would get me to avoid public phases completely. 

Just ask the person to turn it off so you can appear to them. It's that simple.

You already have the option to avoid public phases if you don't want this kind of feature. 

Like it's been said, the positive outweighs the negative. You already subject yourself to written rules or otherwise of the phase you are willingly joining. 

Besides, what are you -doing- in someone else's phase that you're so afraid of an -Officer- coming to you? Sounds pretty sus.

Edited by Dove

Like the idea, keeping it limited to phse officers/owners would help a lot in larger area phases, especially if - as has been described - people ask for help but can't be apped/found. Don't see much reason for it not to be a feature already, tbh.

I'd also suggest def. keeping the <x is appearing to your location> thing, maybe in a different colour or with the phase number as a tag or something, just to make it clear it's a phase specific thing.

Nothing stops me from zooming across the map as I scan for roleplay and see your name pop up. 

Just makes it faster.

But, literally just

Ask them to turn their app on so you can app to them

This entire thing is defeated by just being courteous enough to ask.

appear will announce you bypassing their appear disable if they're in the same phase as you and you are an officer of the phase.

Sign in to follow this