Romeo

Shadowrealm Concept

7pPZZ88.jpg

THE SHADOWREALM
"This is Death's Dominion, where even shadows can die."

The Shadowrealm is an alternative, afterlife-like dimension in the universe that constantly searches for an avatar of godlike, divine power. Souls that inhabit the Shadowrealm all battle in everlasting conflict to sit upon this divine throne and rule in the land of the living dead. The Shadowrealm consists of a series of floating, misty islands in an eerily organic and chaotic state, which contain similiar and uncanny representations of Azerothian locales held in strange, suspended or even frozen animation. Spectral, dying lights swirl around in the abyss beneath these floating ghosts of the world.

Upon dying in the real world, there is a chance you are granted a second chance and brought into this fierce dominion. Because of this, most inhabitants of this realm are undead spirits, all here to fight for the crown. Those who do not fight, the few benevolent souls - are granted a merciful rest. However, the realm is always hungry for more, and will do anything to promote an authoritarian character. The souls and undead that dedicate their time here to prove their might one way or another gain supernatural features by the realm itself. For instance, Nefeli, one soul that came to this place, was granted unholy powers for her continuous rampaging. The same can happen to any individual, as long as they came here by the rules of the realm. Unwanted guests, in other words - living or people who come here through magic and not death, will be actively hunted by the sentient realm.

While the purpose of the Shadowrealm and it's relevance and meaning in the world still remains unclear, according to some, the Shadowrealm sometimes succeeds in crowning a new divine entity to rule it, and sometimes does not. Some rulers, now ruling this ghastly place like gods, last for thousands of years. Sometimes the gap between them last long, very long. Each takes on the attributes of the time or process that made it. It is unclear how many, and what other souls sat upon the throne of this world, or how they came to be destroyed. But whispers in the dark of the real world echo tales of how they can be unmade. Fading, abdicating, deicide, accidental destruction, or being reclaimed by the Shadowrealm itself. Despite this however, it is possible, and most likely, that in the real world, and even in the Shadowrealm, some occult and lost people still worship this divine, crowned god of the underworld. Past, forlorn ones, or the current one. Whoever that now is.

It is suggested that there is a magical connection between the real world and the Shadowrealm; for events and sceneries that take place on Azeroth can appear as haunting memories within the Shadowrealm. For instance, a gruesome battlefield in the real world between man and orc may replica itself in this ghastly place; only broken, different. It draws memories from the minds of the souls that inhabit it; and because of it - the realm is constantly shifting, breaking, falling - morphing into something new.

Rumour goes that there are means of reaching the Shadowrealm without dying. While living necromancers and practitioners of art black may enter the dimension through the use of magic, it is implied that there are sacred, unholy places in the world, like shrines, or mass graves and the like where the worlds differences are thin to the otherwordly dimensions. Thus, one could breach into the Shadowrealm at these places and connect. However, there are good reasons for the Shadowrealm to remain isolated from the real world. And should you bleed a hole in reality, who knows what could seep out.

In short, the Shadowrealm is a hellish place, meant for those who sought to live forever. In an ever-changing battlefield, souls are forced to fight eachother to gain the power they need to grow and shape the world around themselves. Stronger and more cunning souls have dedicated their power to build empires under their names in which they reign in, challenging other powerful souls and their kingdoms and empires through unholy wars. Souls at this point choose - will they slave for a greater soul for protection, or will they choose a rogue path where they alone, one soul at a time, grow strong enough to make a name for themselves?

TLDR; Shadowy realm, what do you think?
Edited by Romeo

I think it's definitely an interesting concept (nicely written too). But when you say 'What do we think' do you have a specific aim? As in for a guild, phase, or is it just something to play around with? 

On 2017-07-28 at 0:46 PM, fatchicken said:

I think it's definitely an interesting concept (nicely written too). But when you say 'What do we think' do you have a specific aim? As in for a guild, phase, or is it just something to play around with? 

i just want you to comment on it, you know? i'm not planning on having any guild or anything, i just want to see if the writing and the concept is interesting!

This sound very similar to Shadowlands, with more bits and pieces added to them.

Edited by Vojtik

46 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

This sound very similar to Shadow lands, with more bits and pieces added to them.

This is the shadowrealm or as some cal it the shadowlands, I have just decided to add extra extensions to it given it's quite dissapointing information.

Edited by Romeo

So it's Shadowlands? (sorry, never heard anyone call it shadowrealm before). In that case I very much like it. I always wanted Blizz to add more lore for it and this seems good to me.

2 hours ago, Vojtik said:

So it's Shadowlands? (sorry, never heard anyone call it shadowrealm before). In that case I very much like it. I always wanted Blizz to add more lore for it and this seems good to me.

Heck yeah man! And thanks a lot for the positivity man. <3

i want to live in a romeo fantasy universe because everything romeo writes is amazing

Edited by Avalia

1 hour ago, Avalia said:

i want to live in a romeo fantasy universe because everything romeo writes is amazing

<333333

Bump, with the recent talk of the Shadowlands being revealed, thought I'd re-visit this and show that I was kind of right lol.