DanX

Shadowlands Black Blood Elf Hair

just a simple downport from retail

extract the character folder and install as you would any patch ?

before:

unknown.png

after:

unknown.png

SLBelfBlackHair.rar

Edited by EdgelordDan

Looks like this patch is not designed to use with the Epsilon Launcher, which can cause confusion for players who install patches on the newest client using the launcher. The old method of patching is not supported for loose files - only launcher patches are actually supported, as they need to be loaded directly by the launcher for the client to recognize them.

I'd heavily suggest revamping your patch for use in the launcher so that it's a simple install w/o confusion or errors or extra work for users to make it compatible themselves, Aigar has a guide up for how to create launcher compatible patches if needed: 

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

14 minutes ago, MindScape said:

Looks like this patch is not designed to use with the Epsilon Launcher, which can cause confusion for players who install patches on the newest client using the launcher. The old method of patching is not supported for loose files - only launcher patches are actually supported, as they need to be loaded directly by the launcher for the client to recognize them.

I'd heavily suggest revamping your patch for use in the launcher so that it's a simple install w/o confusion or errors or extra work for users to make it compatible themselves, Aigar has a guide up for how to create launcher compatible patches if needed: 

oh i didnt realize there was a guide. this was made recently, not before the launcher came out, i just kinda winged it and it worked for me and a few others and ive only had an issue with one friend. idk what the issue precisely is, i edited the blp, threw it in character, and clicked "add" in the patch creator, and selected with specific file it was and uh,, it worked. thanks!

1 minute ago, EdgelordDan said:

oh i didnt realize there was a guide. this was made recently, not before the launcher came out, i just kinda winged it and it worked for me and a few others and ive only had an issue with one friend. idk what the issue precisely is, i edited the blp, threw it in character, and clicked "add" in the patch creator, and selected with specific file it was and uh,, it worked. thanks!

You should release it with the actual patch.json file though to work out of the box for players.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Just now, MindScape said:

You should release it with the actual patch.json file though to work out of the box for players.

alright!

A simply ZIP file does it, then others can just press ADD on the patch screen, navigate to the zip file and presto