Vrchie

[ADDON] Gossip Table

Gossip Table

Visual NPC Gossip Editor

spacer.png

Overview

Gossip Table is exactly as it appears--a visual editor for NPC gossip.

How The Heck Do I Use This?

Operation's pretty self-explanatory, fortunately; however, this is with two caveats. The menu must be toggled via the /gtable or /gossiptable commands, and editing only functions effectively if an NPC has debug mode enabled. You need only extract the GossipTable.zip to a commiserate GossipTable folder under your addons!

GossipTable.zip

Edited by Vrchie

On 1/19/2022 at 5:28 AM, Vrchie said:

Operation's pretty self-explanatory, fortunately; however, this is with two caveats. The menu must be toggled via the /gtable or /gossiptable commands, and editing only functions effectively if an NPC has debug mode enabled. You need only extract the GossipTable.zip to a commiserate GossipTable folder under your addons!

I Understand now how to download it and use as well, thank u a lot for this addons, it really helps! ?

Edited by Niklaus
Solved the problem

Hopefully, I don't have to worry about the word limits screwing me over.

This looks incredibly well-done. Nice job.

The addon doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason. Whenever I open gtable, no matter what I type I can't save it to the npc. I've double-checked if I can with commands and I can, and I have tried with both debug on and off. I've even reinstalled it, with nothing changing.

5 hours ago, pickletwo said:

The addon doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason. Whenever I open gtable, no matter what I type I can't save it to the npc. I've double-checked if I can with commands and I can, and I have tried with both debug on and off. I've even reinstalled it, with nothing changing.

Hey, just as a diagnostic thing, have you kept the NPC selected and debug mode set to true?

17 hours ago, Vrchie said:

Hey, just as a diagnostic thing, have you kept the NPC selected and debug mode set to true?

Correct, I do keep the npc selected and keep debug mode turned on. It does show any dialogue already placed via commands when I select them as well, but nothing I change/add can be saved.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, pickletwo said:

Correct, I do keep the npc selected and keep debug mode turned on. It does show any dialogue already placed via commands when I select them as well, but nothing I change/add can be saved.

same picklelow, but i found what was wrong. I hadn't realized how borked my game was getting from having the Tongues addon enabled. Not only did it cause this issue with /gtable (disabling it fixed all of my issues), but it also now allowed me to use the buttons in the chat finally.

So solved: never use tongues on Epsilon. Its terrible.

Hey!

User issue: There is an issue when trying to saving text from the addon. It tries to overwrite the gossip text directly, but sometimes text duplicates unexpectedly when there's a lot of text.

Info for the dev: So I took a look and I think I have a solution for this. Instead of overwriting everything (and starting the index at 2??) I run a loop that deletes all the gossip text, and then we use the inputted text in the UI that we wish to save.

Here's a zip file of it, hope it helps!

(EDIT: THERE'S AN UNCOMMON BUG I DIDNT SEE WHEN THERE'S A LOT OF GOSSIP TEXT {more than 1200 characters}

SOMETIMES THIS COMMAND WILL TRY TO ADD TO THE SAME BLOCK

.ph forge npc gossip text add your text here

I'M WORKING ON AN UPDATED VERSION OF IT NOW)

GossipTable.zip

Edited by Cuadrupl

19 hours ago, Cuadrupl said:

Hey!

User issue: There is an issue when trying to saving text from the addon. It tries to overwrite the gossip text directly, but sometimes text duplicates unexpectedly when there's a lot of text.

Info for the dev: So I took a look and I think I have a solution for this. Instead of overwriting everything (and starting the index at 2??) I run a loop that deletes all the gossip text, and then we use the inputted text in the UI that we wish to save.

Here's a zip file of it, hope it helps!

(EDIT: THERE'S AN UNCOMMON BUG I DIDNT SEE WHEN THERE'S A LOT OF GOSSIP TEXT {more than 1200 characters}

SOMETIMES THIS COMMAND WILL TRY TO ADD TO THE SAME BLOCK

.ph forge npc gossip text add your text here

I'M WORKING ON AN UPDATED VERSION OF IT NOW)

GossipTable.zip 4.59 kB · 2 downloads

Alright so- I think I understand the issue here. The owner of the addon can let me know if it's true or not. But I think the underlying issue is the fact that we try to use a command multiple times at once. Where there's a risk for the "text add" to not work correctly, and anything after 10 will most certainly not work. A solution to this would be to create a UI of the GossipTable by blocks rather than by trying to put it all in a text input with all the text blocks. It will make it easier to work with that way