Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

The Library! [Reupload]

Pretext: This is an old suggestion that has been requested multiple times on RPH and I would've loved to see come to realization. Sadly, the suggestion was never replied to or acknolwedged by he who shall not be named. For that reason I will suggest it here in epsilon once more, because I believe it carries great immersive benefits and convenience. 

The Library

I want to suggest a library feature on the website.
This would exist out of two features.

1. A section in the item creator that allows you to create and write books that appear as an item in the player inventory. These books would be, just like the guide for new players "readable" by right clicking them. Roleplayers could make their own books, duplicate them, sign them and potentially trade them with other players.

2. I also wish to make these books available for more people to read when you decide you want to put them on display. Hence the name, The Library. The second part of this feature would include an object creator that allows, you guessed it, players to make book objects. These objects can be placed down and interacted with. Right clicking will open the book menu, just like the books in game (An example would be the schools of magic in Dalaran).

These book items could perhaps even work like keys. Books can be made private, preventing people from adding the item without having the permission which would allow for secret books, journals and cult/coven codices. Another option for the Objects could be that you can make keys for the books as well, allowing people to have a 'locked' diary or journal that requires a key.

Optional Feature:

3. A silly but funny idea that might be possible is the feature to make objects into storages so that bookcases can be filled with books. But I'm not sure if the loot-table would allow that.

I just believe that features like this would make the roleplaying experience so much more rich and immersive. I truly hope it is considered, because I know a lot of people would be very eager to see these features becoming reality. 

Naturally I'd understand it if a feature like this isn't high on the priority list, but having it taken into consideration alone would bring me great joy. Thank you for your time.