Sign in to follow this  
Xemanorth

LFRP Channel for Discord

As a roleplayer, I would like to be able to look for roleplay. Unfortunately there only appears to be a channel dedicated to advertising already existing roleplay as opposed to get something going.

Thanks.

I agree highly with this though maybe for a slightly different reason.

"Just use the #roleplay-ads channel" is not a viable or acceptable answer as it is almost exclusively guild/phase advertisements which should also have their own channel or keep using the one they are in. A LFRP channel would generally be smaller scale, more casual and interpersonal, and not immediately drowned out by giant blocks of text, images, and new Discord invites.

I definitely agree that phase/guild advertisements and “I am looking to RP x” should be separated 

dusk_dawn.thumb.png.fae5c0f56bdceebab00e4767908baa90.pngdusnkodwan.gif

On 3/19/2022 at 7:40 AM, cindy said:

I definitely agree that phase/guild advertisements and “I am looking to RP x” should be separated 

Certainly agreed! 

Those serve pretty different ends. Maybe a LFRP channel could have a 1 or 2 hour slow mode and only be used for individuals, possibly tiny groups, not phase and guild advertising. 

Late to the party but we have this set up in Builders Society Discord, if that interests you.
You can assign yourself an optional LFRP role that phase hosters can ping for rp opportunities.
Also has a list with active phases, and also the ones that are WIP.

www.tinyurl.com/buildersDC