Sign in to follow this  
Saarty1

The issue of Censorship in the Main Phase

Hello, there community,

I wish to make it known that recently I've been banned from all public phases or forms of public communication following several "controversial" comments that I have made, specifically concerning the ongoing Russian-Ukrainian war.

image.thumb.png.bc9bf73ec7cf5b77b1b1c60531e327d8.png

I specifically debated the extent of Russia's "embarrassment" in the conflict whilst citing numbers and sources that indicate a successful conventional invasion of Ukraine and Russia's resilience in the face of Western backlash.

The reasoning for this ban was cited here: 

image.png.6a6faeab5ba987e6b56a196fc0038ee9.png

However. There exists a clear issue with the policy of those reasonings. To back this person's verdict there was no cite of the Staff's legal codex, and no mention of any rules that I may have violated, besides the evidence for what I have violated. 

The supposed "evidence" for rules which were not cited exist here, as per the staff member's quote.

unknown.png

Whilst some might find my comments disturbing, I hold that it's my right to free speech to analyse and criticise ongoing social trends related to the conflict, regardless of whether one agrees with them or not. I believe I have every right within the public forum of free speech to express my opposition to what I believe is an unjust act of censorship. I believe it is my right to condemn any expression of support to the ongoing marketisation of human suffering and indignity as carried by many corporations in the guise of social justice movements.

you broke the rules

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Bro you log in to a video game to express your rights as an individual about topics you've agreed upon not talking about in public spaces given the ruleset.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:09 PM, Serijas said:

Bro you log in to a video game to express your rights as an individual about topics you've agreed upon not talking about in public spaces given the ruleset.

I'd like to ask you to quote those rules for me.

On 3/11/2022 at 7:10 PM, artemorgana said:

Right here.

Screenshot (1844)_LI.jpg

Why thank you for doing something not even the staff could do when they messaged me. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:11 PM, Saarty1 said:

Why thank you for doing something not even the staff could do when they messaged me. 

you should have read the rules

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

On 3/20/2022 at 4:11 PM, Saarty1 said:

8 hours ago, Erkor said:

you should have read the rules

Yeah, it's really not that hard. It's more on you for not reading them since it literally took me less than thirty seconds to find that. No need to be passive aggressive towards the staff either when they have a lot more than you on their plate.

As you said in the screenshots,

cry about it.

Whilst you did broke the rules by starting a political argument, I, lowkey, want to express my honest opinion on staff handing out punishments. 

The current staff are inexperienced and, most of them, will lash out their divine judgement upon you without having any idea how to actually explain to you what was done wrong. Such judgement is, mostly, based on their emotions and feelings at the given time. I've banned from the main phase for simply saying 'phat elven ass', a popular meme from RPH, as most of you know, in start. A certain GM's response was 'you broke rules. you can appeal. this discussion is over'. The idea of over policing and punishing even the most inoffensive and harmless jokes has been a trend for quite a while now and, sadly enough, there's no sign of it ever stopping. It's sad, but what can you do? Just keep the 'funny' stuff in /party and try to avoid saying anything even the least controversial in start or any other public area that's not a private phase.

On 3/7/2022 at 6:12 PM, Erkor said:

you broke the rules

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg