Sign in to follow this  
Marcos

Hello everyone!

Greetings and salutations to all!

I am Marcos, and I was told this was the place for all things Warcraft roleplaying.

A little about myself, I started to roleplay in 2010 at RPH. However, given my career and research, I have been absent from roleplaying since 2016. If there is something I love is narratives. I enjoy seeing how different characters from all walks of life can progress through events and interactions with characters, albeit fictionally. I value culture, maybe due to the nature of my work, and I like to use my characters as a foreground to exploring cultures and religions of the peoples my characters belong to. I think fiction is a great tool to create cultural awareness and bring subtle elements from the real and fictional worlds to life.

I want to ask: What is the nature of roleplaying in this server? I ask because I have a rather busy schedule teaching, excavating, reading academic texts, and as a result, roleplaying would be a hobby I wish to undertake to reconnect to my younger self and rediscover the magic that is exploring Warcraft. 

Thank you all who take the time to reply!

Edited by Marcos
Some misspelling.

Welcome, old friend! 

I roleplay very casually nowadays, but if you're able to put even a modest amount of time into roleplaying here, you'll easily find some friendly folk that'll converse with you.  I'm afraid I don't know full well what most people here do, but I spend my time with a small group of friends I've known for a few years and we have weekly events in our own phase.

If you need any help, let me know!  Feel free to go through the quick tutorial that Epsilon established some few months ago as well, it's pretty neat.

Vraul

WHAT THE FUCK

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hey, it's great to see you poking your head into WoW RP again! I like how you've drawn a connection between RP and your real life studies. I expected to drop RP as a hobby as I got older, but here I still am. It's still fun and valuable to me. 

I'm mostly of the same mind as Vraul, I still RP but nowadays just log on a few times a week at most for friends' events. I can't offer you any broader insights to the community, but it's a huge server, much bigger than RPH during our time there, there's hundreds of people on at any given time. 

I hope you find what you're looking for and feel free to stay in touch!

Thank you all for the kind words and takes. I have been roleplaying casually for a couple of days now and although it is very different from my time at RPH, it is not a bad thing in it of itself. It is quaint and enjoyable at times. Hope to see y'all ingame one of these days.

Edited by Marcos