Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

Uh oh. Objects - The Patch Suggestion megalist

So we’ve gotten some awesome new objects from the recent patch. And that has given me a bit of an inspiration to suggest some other cool things relating to them.

1.)    Dalaran –THEMED- Garrison buildings. And what I mean by that is.. stone, wood and all. ‘T’ did something similar to this back in Divinity-X that unfortunately didn’t see the public light of day. I think with the new Dalaran stuff we have now, adding on more buildings in that style would be awesome. (And yes, including variations to the new Shadowlands farm/barn/twostory/inn).

2.)    Garrison-roof versions of the Arathi Basin BG buildings added in BFA. And then maybe using that cool red roof texture that was added for said buildings for another set of Garrison buildings.

3.)    Hi-resifying some more Vanilla buildings. Actually something I suggested in the past. Like the blacksmith, lumbermill, northshire abbey,barracks, mage tower, etc. A lot of the old assets are pretty dated to what we have now, and I know these buildings are still..pretty cool, but just don’t mesh well with the garrison stuff. Quizley’s new chapel comes to mind for inspiration to Hi-resifying/remaking old buildings.

4.)    The obvious..recolors. The chapel in a Gilnean theme, and with the corresponding roof colors seen in previous garrison recolors. Also Forsaken buildings. The Northrend variation. Those buildings could be cool if you swap those textures to a more human theme. Or garrison buildings to the Forsaken theme.

5.)    Stormwind buildings. HD. I think a member of the community was actually doing this. Could see if he’s willing to give you all the files :O

6.) More furniture recolors. Specifically that awesome couch and chair. Blue was great. Purple was awesome. Would be nice to see even more! Maybe even a reinvisioning of the Kultiras bed(s) in different styles/colors?

I apologize if I’ve been a nag with a lot of these. I do know it’d be awesome to have a lot of these added in future releases.  

Edited by DavidTwo

Retextured Nagrand Rocks also come to mind. We have the Epsilon Rock Arches. Why not also retexture the Nagrand rocks (ID 833937 for example) to other grass or rock textures?

On 8/10/2022 at 10:44 PM, DavidTwo said:

Suramar City buildings recolored using a Dalaran color/tile set.

And maybe recolors to match Blood Elf, High Elf, Void Elf, etc etc etc for Suramar/Nightborne assets?