Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

A realm separate from Apertus, with a twist..

I wouldn't say this would be ready for implementation just yet, but I've been thinking about this for a while.
Believably there is still a considerable amount of features that need to be developed and implemented into Apertus before this realm could ever be a possibility.

What if there were a separate realm from Apertus, which was more of a focused experience?

The basic premise of the realm being that dedicated teams develop open world phases and campaigns that are then playable by the general public.
There would only be one campaign active at a time on the whole realm which the entire population would focus on.

The general public would not have access to most commands and would instead play the game as we would on retail, except with a focus on roleplay and guild interactions.
Hosts would develop a storyline and allow players to participate within a restricted, more linear framework than what we are used to.

Various teams of chosen people could be picked to develop a massive "phase" in the secondary realm, and a server-wide sponsored event would be hosted and the realm brought up for the public to partake in.
Think of it as a massive developer team-backed phase with RPG, profession and guild systems the likes of which have never been done before.
Massive teams of passionate DMs to keep the world always vibrant and alive, even if the "phase" were the size of the Barrens and nearby zones only.

Once individual projects are finished, the next campaign is brought live for everyone to enjoy.
People would be able to work on these campaigns on Apertus and then adapt them on the new realm.

Edited by Rabbit

Basically a main-phase RP server along the lines of Paragon or Chronicles, right? The only issue with that is that it then becomes up to the developers and staff to moderate the phase, rather than the phase's staff, which is a much larger task. There's a reason that servers like Paragon and Chronicles require you to apply for certain things and don't allow for players to have full GM powers over everything.

i9eaVqF.png

4 hours ago, zach said:

Basically a main-phase RP server along the lines of Paragon or Chronicles, right? The only issue with that is that it then becomes up to the developers and staff to moderate the phase, rather than the phase's staff, which is a much larger task. There's a reason that servers like Paragon and Chronicles require you to apply for certain things and don't allow for players to have full GM powers over everything.

No, just the appointed project members would moderate and DM it. If you're talking about Chronicle, jeez, that's been dead for like 8 years.

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

No, just the appointed project members would moderate and DM it. If you're talking about Chronicle, jeez, that's been dead for like 8 years.

...So like a main phase RP server with a dedicated staff and DM team? And I'm not sure what "Chronicle" is, but Chronicles is a new server that replaced Paragon and just launched last month.

i9eaVqF.png

you can make a phase that does this work ?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png