Sign in to follow this  
Beira

NPC Spawn Emotes

After spawning some NPCs in my phase, I've attempted to have them emote. When I leave the area and come back, they're just standing still. When I asked about it, someone suggested I add a p at the end of the command (.npc emote #### p); having attempted that, the same thing happened: left and when I came back, they weren't doing their emote, just standing upright. If it's just the emote animations in particular, then the two I initially am using are 613 (state_work_smith blacksmith hammer) and 668 (state_work_mining no movement). Another factor could be that I'm using these NPCs within an instance, so perhaps leaving the instance and returning is affecting them.

I don't think I'd file this under "Solved" just yet. Even correcting my minor misstep and applying emotes with the "repeat" addition, they still eventually stop doing the emote I apply.

Well, looks like all is well so far. Just went over my area and seems most all the NPCs retained their emotes I applied. Only less than a handful didn't seem to, but I'm figuring I overlooked them and one in particular I messed around with a bit. So otherwise, seems to work.

Edit (8/16/17): Some NPCs are reverting to normal, but not en masse.
Is there a limit on how many NPCs we can make repetitively emote? I'm almost wondering if when I make more than a certain amount emote, others begin to stop. Just a random thought.

Edited by Fraenir

Sign in to follow this