Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

changing the skybox to any clearsky variant doesnt remove skybox models

to elaborate: if you enter your own phase and go to any zone that has skybox models (e.g. outland zones; some draenor zones), they don't get removed or omitted in any way. this means trying to apply, for example, a skybox from elwynn forest will change the lightdata (and, i'm sure, the gradient) but the changes in the skydome will be completely invisible due to the massive skybox object obscuring it

i have tried this with the skybox command and the skybox spell command, and neither allow me to circumvent this issue

possibly a solution:

if there is a way, allow players to manipulate LightParams in some way? that DB file seems to have an entry (LightSkyboxID) that dictates which skybox model is being used, and if people can edit that entry, they could change or remove the skybox models to make unique looks or allow zones like outland to be used in non-outland roleplays (because the terrain is so unique)

Edited by Erkor

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

buzmp? ?

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png