Sign in to follow this  
Bastille

Forged Item Line Breaks

Hey there, doing what the Raz suggests and dropping a thread in regards to adding line breaks in Forged Item Descriptions. I'm aware it cannot be extended beyond 255 characters (Sometimes it doesn't even allow me that: It might be due to adding colors) but if we could somehow get line breaks/spaces, that would be awesome.

Woof.

As far as I'm aware, it is impossible to get to a 255 character description because the command string we have to use to get it. Our own messages are limited to 255 characters too so the `.forge item set description` already takes up 27 of those, `.f i s d` only 8, but still.

But yeah, forged item description line breaks would be awesome! ? 

On 7/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, Bastille said:

Hey there, doing what the Raz suggests and dropping a thread in regards to adding line breaks in Forged Item Descriptions. I'm aware it cannot be extended beyond 255 characters (Sometimes it doesn't even allow me that: It might be due to adding colors) but if we could somehow get line breaks/spaces, that would be awesome.

Can you use |n or |r (new line or carriage return, respectively) in the command, and what happens? May need to use \124n or \124r. Both of these are what are used to do new lines in a single string of text.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

On 9/27/2022 at 9:31 PM, MindScape said:

Can you use |n or |r (new line or carriage return, respectively) in the command, and what happens? May need to use \124n or \124r. Both of these are what are used to do new lines in a single string of text.

I did ` .fo ite set desc [Item ID #14010348] Text. |n 1! |r 2@  \124n 3#  \124r 4$` It wouldn't let me do any of those for the description, like it physically did nothing when I pressed enter, the line wouldn't send.

I tried to get rid of the |n 1! section and do the rest and I got the screenshot shown here.

image.png.85db5ebad418f974ace94487d95fa8c5.png

So I decided to do just the |n and that seems to be the culprit where I can't send the message through.

Then I did the \124n 3# \124r 4$ to see if that would work and I got the screenshot here.

image.png.5430d6b79f67aa6c48f2ddc91363af3e.png

So I tried it with slashes going the other way (/, instead of \) just to check and I got the same but with / instead of \.

So... No, we cannot. ❤️