Sign in to follow this  
Fraenir

In-game model viewer

One of the amenities of Paragon that I came to enjoy was the Paragon Helper mod, particularly the NPC model viewer and enchanting mechanic; however, I would like to see it expanded upon with an NPC viewer that displays both the display ID and the NPC ID itself, for morphing and spawning, and more importantly a model viewer for game objects. I would use WoW Model Viewer, but I and many others can't seem to get it to work.

Having an ingame gobject model viewer would be nice. I can get WMV to work, but it refuses to show and legion gobs when I click on it.

The original.

MJV90UA.png

giphy.gif

An in-game model viewer is quite impossible as there's no way to tell how big an object is. So positioning an object in the model frame is difficult. The Morph viewer was possible because NPC models have cameras to set the viewport to. World objects do not. If WMV does not load your Epsilon folder, you need a .build.info file, wow.exe, and wow-64.exe in the folder you're trying to load.

@Michael
Then perhaps another means of a Game Object list sorted categorically.
I do not have a .build.info file, apparently. Where might I find and download that?

14 hours ago, Michael said:

An in-game model viewer is quite impossible as there's no way to tell how big an object is. So positioning an object in the model frame is difficult. The Morph viewer was possible because NPC models have cameras to set the viewport to. World objects do not. If WMV does not load your Epsilon folder, you need a .build.info file, wow.exe, and wow-64.exe in the folder you're trying to load.

Perhaps the idea could be changed to a gobject list that you can quicksearch and scroll through, if not the objects shown itself.

The original.

MJV90UA.png

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, Michael said:

Will u be making a Epsilon Helper?

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

I don't understand the NPC model viewer thing. How would that work? How is that useful precisely? Need more details.

How would an ingame gameobject model viewer work? Wouldn't it be the same as browisng objects except there's no need to spawn them?

sSHRE9G.png