Sign in to follow this  
Vidar

Crazy Loading Times

Hey! So, I logged in for the first time today, and I'm super impressed by what I'm seeing so far. However, I'm stuck on loading screens for obscenely long times, far longer than anything I've seen in retail WoW. Then when I do zone in, it usually takes a long time for all NPCs to load. Even Mogit isn't loading as it naturally would, leaving me with bits and pieces of transmogs. It's odd, because my wifi is usually pretty good. It this normal? Does it ever start running more smoothly? And if it isn't normal, what could I do to reduce it?

Hi, & Welcome to Epsilon!

Long load times can be expected when you're new to Epsilon, as the client is download / streaming the game assets, especially if you're just starting off fresh with the launcher and not the torrent. The initial download shown when you launched was just the base assets needed to launch the game - everything else is streamed 'as needed' once in-game by WoW by default. 

So any time you load into somewhere new, or that has objects, items, or NPCs you haven't seen yet, it will download them while you are 'loading', causing the long load times. As you play more, your load times will steadily reduce.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif