War-God Matt

[Spells]: Remove target requirements

Since damage will be removed from spells, it would be 10/10 to remove the target requirement off of most/all spells.

In Legion, a lot of class spells were updated with new, fresh and good-looking animations, some of which you can find in use by other spells, though have fun finding all of those. (And some attack animations aren't used by other spells – Eviscerate for one)

So, since spells will no longer deal damage, might as well remove the target requirement and turn all those cool class spells into cosmetics like all others. Have fun spamming those dope animations and spells. :')

If you constantly spam FPS-killing spells I'll come find u....

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

i think overall the general effect on targets was removed from spells

using, say, fireball doesn't shoot a fireball at the enemy -- it just casts the spell but doesnt fire the projectile. if this were fixed, then i'd gladly enjoy this however

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

10 hours ago, War-God Matt said:

Since damage will be removed from spells, it would be 10/10 to remove the target requirement off of most/all spells.

In Legion, a lot of class spells were updated with new, fresh and good-looking animations, some of which you can find in use by other spells, though have fun finding all of those. (And some attack animations aren't used by other spells – Eviscerate for one)

So, since spells will no longer deal damage, might as well remove the target requirement and turn all those cool class spells into cosmetics like all others. Have fun spamming those dope animations and spells. :')

If you constantly spam FPS-killing spells I'll come find u....

Already done. Simply use ".cast ID trig" and it will cast it without any target requirement. Would be cool to see it changed on actual spells in spell book also, but dunno if that's possible.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

@MindScape That's not what I had in mind. I know about trigger, I mean to get the actual target requirement gone, making essentially every class spell usable from the spellbook. Azar said it could be done, so why not.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

I definitely support this. Along with removing the power cost. The .cheat power command doesn't quite help with some spells and abilities. Hell might as well kill cast times and cooldown, especially removing the global cooldown. Don't really need to worry about people spamming abilities if they're disciplined accordingly. Everyone else should certainly warn those who do when it happens.