Sign in to follow this  
Codename

Gossip Option Lost on Dead Npc

• Type of Bug: Gossip Option, Forged Npc

• Description: Once killed, the npc lost its gossip options and could not be restored once it respawned after 5 minutes, nor did new spanwned npcs of the same type have the gossip options.

• Evidence (Chat message/Screenshot): 

• Steps to reproduce: Create any npc with a gossip option, .kill it or just set its health to very low and kill it by hitting it and then either wait til it respawns or .revive it and the option is gone. I did this to rest various ideas regarding the Arcanum spellforge to create "lootable" npcs and merchants as "questgivers" wanting the looted item to trade for a reward.

• Expected result: The npc when respawned will be named unknown and not have its gossip options avaliable even if using .phase forge npc gossip enable on it again.

• Observed result: As described, the respawned or revived npc cannot be restored to its previous function in any way.

• Reproduction rate: So far i have tried this on merchants, regular gossips and arcanum casting npcs and none of them had gossip avaliable when they respawned or got revived.

• Additional information: This was discovered when myself and Kraulspine discussed in the discord about ways to make an npc lootable only once to prevent "spam loot". The looting itself worked flawlessly til we tried killing it. 

Server restart did eventually restore his function, but same thing happen if I kill him again.
Edited by Codename