Sign in to follow this  
Codename

Gossip option Arcanum "sticky"

• Type of Bug: Gossip option from Arcanum gossip npcs applies to all npcs in phase.

• Description: Once having a gossip option with arcanum on an npc, it "sticks" to all npcs and on first click, ANY npcs or teleporter that has a gossip display the same gossip and the same options as the arcanum option applied npc. Unclicking and reclicking the npc removed this bug temporarily until zoned again.

• Evidence (Chat message/Screenshot): 

• Steps to reproduce: Make an arcanum teleport spell, apply it to a gossip option on a forged npc, then make another forged npc with random gossip and the first forged npcs arcanum options will turn up on the other gossip npcs without fail on first click.

• Expected result: That you have gossip "overwriten" temporarily by arcanum option npcs.

• Observed result: As above, the other npcs not having arcanum options are given arcanum options randomly on first click.

• Reproduction rate: 100%

• Additional information: Extremely distruptive, so much so that the bug someones makes it impossible to aquire information from certain npcs as their dialogue is replaced with the arcanum npc which is in another zone entirely. Disatance or map doesnt matter whatsoever and this even applies to regular gob teleporters. FIX ASAP.

I am confused still - is it just the actual 'click' that stays - or does the text stay also, and you have to close it and re-open for the text to change even?

I.e., if your first NPC has an option for "Take the torch <arcanum_cast:torch>", and the 2nd NPC has an option for "Teleport me! <arcanum_cast:tele>", when you open the 2nd NPC, does it still say "Teleport me!" but does the torch cast? Or does it still say "Take the torch" ?

EDIT: Tested, this is not an Arcanum issue directly, it's a server bug, just exasperated by Arcanum.
For anyone using Arcanum to teleport people, please make sure you are using an Arc Gossip Tag with _hide so that it forces the Gossip window to hide before entering a loading screen, to prevent this bug. Entering a loading screen while still showing a gossip will make you show that same gossip again on the next NPC you gossip with.

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif