Sign in to follow this  
Implave

How to port your custom Noggit maps to 8.3/9.2

Hello! Here's a (relatively bare bones) guide on how to restore cut Blizzard maps or port your own custom Noggit maps to work on Epsilon. Converted files should work on both 8.3 and 9.2.7.

Disclaimer: the tools referenced in the guide are not owned by me and some links lead to different private servers.

To comply with the rules and permissions, this guide is hosted on the WoW modding website.

Here's the link.

Depending on what you want to do it can be a walk in the park or a bit of a head-bashing session:
- Editing wrath-era maps is easy
- Making custom flatlands is also easy
- Creating a map from scratch will take a bit of time
- Editing more modern maps would require some tools and knowledge
- Fully custom, maps that are not even in the listfile are the most complicated ones
But everything is equally doable if you are determined enough.

I do try to cover the basics of WoW clientside modding, provide some context, list useful tools and resources. Go over ADT conversion, WDT editing, potential issues and give an example of me converting Programmer Isle to use on Epsilon.

If you just want some cool Blizzard maps to explore feel free to look here, those are already packaged as patches.

hi.thumb.jpg.4d6bedbe5cc121b7a024ce1ee943b09f.jpg

I will try to keep the guide updated as more convenient tools come out and the knowledge of the community grows. If you have any questions feel free to ask them on discord implave#7038.

Have fun!

Edited by Implave

Awesome stuff - I imagine for many the barrier of entry is the amount of tools needed to get started - hopefully this can help some get the ball rolling!

1 hour ago, Kori said:

Awesome stuff - I imagine for many the barrier of entry is the amount of tools needed to get started - hopefully this can help some get the ball rolling!

Generally the only tool needed is Noggit and the converter for small scale stuff - creating an island on Kalimdor is easy, creating a standalone map on it's own mapid would require a bit more thought put into it. Does need some basic modding knowledge and a bit of technical context to understand what not to do. If anyone needs help - discord dms are open.