Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

The addition of .tele add for players

Support.

2l9v22k.png

My Characters (Forum Bios WIP)

Spoiler

=Main Characters=
Aurina Silverfaith - Void Elf Barbarian (Berserker)
'Shade' - Void Elf Rogue
Zaetha - Blood Elf Bit- ... Warlock...

Only so much that player additions are monitored so we don't end up with trolling players making .tele navigating a nightmare. It'd be too easy for one ass to put the Start .tele somewhere else and cause some momentary mayhem. You may also end up with a player adding a .tele starting with the same letters or even words somewhere which throws off the original one.

46 minutes ago, Fraenir said:

Only so much that player additions are monitored so we don't end up with trolling players making .tele navigating a nightmare. It'd be too easy for one ass to put the Start .tele somewhere else and cause some momentary mayhem. You may also end up with a player adding a .tele starting with the same letters or even words somewhere which throws off the original one.

Obviously, I think the fact you cannot make teleport locations that already exist is given. RPH has been doing this for years and I hardly remember having any problems with that system.

+1 - Really want to see it in the game. As a GM, I can confirm dynamic events are almost unthinkable without this. One possible alternative is to make a phase for every section of the event. Mind you, that's a hassle that I'm not going to bother with.

Edited by ArvickCorpsebane

unknown.png

7 hours ago, Fraenir said:

Which is why I also suggested a failsafe if it does get added in for players

**Even if you have to add in a failsafe system where teleport additions get approved, that is fine. In fact, I suggest the idea of a failsafe system if you allow .tele add for players. That way, no one is making teleport locations that are merely spamming the database.

11 hours ago, ArvickCorpsebane said:

Obviously, I think the fact you cannot make teleport locations that already exist is given. RPH has been doing this for years and I hardly remember having any problems with that system.

+1 - Really want to see it in the game. As a GM, I can confirm dynamic events are almost unthinkable without this. One possible alternative is to make a phase for every section of the event. Mind you, that's a hassle that I'm not going to bother with.

What? Why?

There's the ".phase tele" system that's exactly the same as '.tele' but only in your phase - so you can set up your own custom .tele's but with .phase tele. 

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

2 minutes ago, MindScape said:

What? Why?

There's the ".phase tele" system that's exactly the same as '.tele' but only in your phase - so you can set up your own custom .tele's but with .phase tele. 

Really? - OH MY GOD. I'm so retarded.

unknown.png

22 minutes ago, MindScape said:

What? Why?

That's the -issue- here. Phase tele only works for the -phase- Alot of us are tired of pestering the staff for tele locations instead of letting them work when we could have moderated .tele add. As David said, having em restricted to phases means that there are are places that some players just cant get to due to the fact they have no way -to- get there. Flatlands and what not aren't listed, so thats many wasted building spots that most cant get to without that.

Edited by The Pawn

2l9v22k.png

My Characters (Forum Bios WIP)

Spoiler

=Main Characters=
Aurina Silverfaith - Void Elf Barbarian (Berserker)
'Shade' - Void Elf Rogue
Zaetha - Blood Elf Bit- ... Warlock...

22 minutes ago, The Pawn said:

That's the -issue- here. Phase tele only works for the -phase- Alot of us are tired of pestering the staff for tele locations instead of letting them work when we could have moderated .tele add. As David said, having em restricted to phases means that there are are places that some players just cant get to due to the fact they have no way -to- get there. Flatlands and what not aren't listed, so thats many wasted building spots that most cant get to without that.

Why put more pressure on Aza to make a fully moderated .tele system? He's already so busy with bug fixes and current plans. Maybe in the future it'd be nice - but at that point, most places will already have a .tele added to them from all the people suggesting ones for staff members to add. 

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Yes! I would love to see .tele add as a command.

As others have said this has been in place on Roleplay Heaven and there were never any serious issues with use of the command over a six year period.

Edited by Witch

Epsilon_Ohana.png

And yeah, even if you do see issues with .tele add, the system of a moderated system could be possible. And I'm not saying it has to be done -now-. It can be done down the line when most major bugs are fixed.

I do myself see the good in having .tele add accessible to everyone, as some pointed out, flat lands, large oceans and so on.

So personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this as a feature, and if someone actually does find a .tele that is just there to mess with people, said .teles can always be reported, and have a GM delete the .tele. I'd be up for doing this myself.

But, I've no idea when/if it will be made accessible for the public to use, considering current, ongoing priorities and such.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

By giving players .tele add. It's too much work to create an approval system. Just make suggestion topics or DM a GM directly and it'll be done.

sSHRE9G.png

You don't even need to do an approval system at that point, just naturally give .tele add to players. I don't really see it being abused in truth.

What risk do you see?

Edited by DavidTwo

On 12/08/2017 at 6:18 PM, DavidTwo said:

You don't even need to do an approval system at that point, just naturally give .tele add to players. I don't really see it being abused in truth.

What risk do you see?

I'm Nortwin and I log on and now I'll create a tele called Stormwi in Tanaris, and then I'll create a tele called star in the bottom of the Great Sea, next up I'll make a tele called Northren in Eastern Plaguelands. The system chooses the closest word--thus, if you type .tele stormw, you'll be teleported to Stormwi, not Stormwind, do you get me?

sSHRE9G.png

INSERT INTO `game_tele` (`name`, `map`, `position_x`, `position_y`, `position_z`, `orientation`)
VALUES
("Lightless Cavern", 1580, 1136, 23, -208, 4.3),
("Felwing Ledge", 1732, 2321, -85, -2.73, 1.98),
("Fields of Eternal Night", 1728, 2364, 641.12, 1728, 2.65),
("The Oculus", 1623, 1065, 1051, 602, 0),
("The Maw of Nashal", 603, -879, -148, 458, 0);

heres some more teles

11 minutes ago, DavidTwo said:

Would be nice if .ph tele worked then, no?

Sorry mate. It was the source of a very, very strange crash, so it had to be disabled. I'll get to it asap.

sSHRE9G.png

Oh, that's alright. But that wasn't the bug I was referring to.

Whenever a crash happens, my .ph teles (I make them inthe old SW map, map ID 723) end up in the main world (Main map Eastern Kingdoms) for some odd reason. Even happened to another .tele I made in the Emerald Dream (The Vanilla one; map ID 169). I made the report at

Sign in to follow this