Sign in to follow this  
LeftMouseButton

Custom Subzones

So I was just tinkering around with one of my phases and was really trying to find some way to name a subzone that didn't exist. Obviously, that currently can't be done, and .ph shifting the area name just changes the zone name. A bit bummed by this, I started thinking of possible ways the Epsi crew could help us get around this limitation, and a couple ideas came to mind that I thought I'd share!

Method 1 - Phase Shift ADT Name: Pretty self-explanatory, and probably the simplest solution if it can be done. Just allow us to create new area names out of ADTs that don't otherwise have a preset area name overriding it.

Method 2 - Subzone Indicator WMOs: A bit less simple and elegant of a solution, but one that could offer a lot more versatility. We can shift the names of WMOs now, so why not create some invisible, collision-less WMO's whose sole purpose is to be renamed? Could be titled along the lines of eps_customarea_X.wmo, with X being used to differentiate a number of these objects from, say, 1 to 50. If we really wanted to get crazy, we could even do like eps_customareasmall_X.wmo, eps_customareamed_x.wmo, eps_customarealarge_x.wmo, etc... But that might be asking a bit much. xD

Subzone indicator WMOs would be a great workaround for this, I agree. I don't know how possible shifting ADT names is; probably not very, but you never know. Still, from what I noticed with using the downported Shadowlands Goldshire inn, the trouble with shifting WMOs that aren't necessarily original to the game is that they aren't listed in ".lookup wmo." Probably just a matter of someone adding them to a database somewhere (in the inn's case, it's perpetually dead silent in there and can't be renamed) so that would need to be done.

Having some kind of indicator of where the wmo is would be nice. As in, if the wmo's actual shape was a huge cylinder that could stretch far below the ground and have something like a checkerboard disc under the terrain so you could at least see where it was. Would love to see this implemented.

Join the Patch Bank for modding resources, patch updates, and to share your work: https://discord.gg/pJvY5EZ8AY
Hop in The Library. Check out some guides. Wanna shift WMOs? Have a look: https://discord.gg/GEZpsDNtWH
Never forget that video games are supposed to be fun. Once they're not, it's time to fix things.