Sign in to follow this  
nimorrax

NPC visibility ranges

I have no idea if this was already suggested once, I couldn't find a topic. I recently decided to clean up a "dump" area of mine in one of my phases which contained a mass amount of objects and NPCs. I thought "hey, it's kind of laggy here, so i'll clean up the objects" only to find out (rather unsurprisingly) its the NPCs bogging me down. So a thought came to my mind: why don't we have a visrange command for NPCs like we do for objects? I've literally seen this in action all the way back in Wrath. So I'm proposing the two commands: .npc set visrange # and .ph forge npc visrange #.

This would allow us to set smaller NPCs like critters or what have you to take up less resources in a phase. On the flip side you could set colossal giants to be visible from just about anywhere, like objects.

YyIxGPk.jpg
I'm some moron who jumps with rockets in TF2.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nimorrax2 if you need to find me, here i am. if i don't recognize you, PM me instead. because i ignore names i don't recognize.

"5. Do not plea for sympathy
Do not make posts about how you are leaving the forums. Just leave. 
Do not make posts about how the game isn't fun for you anymore.  Just stop playing.
Do not make posts about how you are going to kill yourself.  Just do it." - My favorite rule