Sign in to follow this  
Ness

EpsilonEditor crashes game after Windows 11 update

EpsilonEditor makes the game freeze for a few seconds and then closes the game completely. No error message appears.

Checked the FAQ list of addons, settings and overlays that might cause the crash, but I have none of them enabled. API is also set to DirectX11

I was able to use the Editor yesterday, but now after the latest Windows11 update I can't anymore. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

6 hours ago, Ness said:

EpsilonEditor makes the game freeze for a few seconds and then closes the game completely. No error message appears.

Checked the FAQ list of addons, settings and overlays that might cause the crash, but I have none of them enabled. API is also set to DirectX11

I was able to use the Editor yesterday, but now after the latest Windows11 update I can't anymore. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

We haven't been able to pinpoint what in Win11 is causing this, and it's not for everyone either so it's even harder to find. 

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

This is happening to me currently 05/09, I'm on directx 11 as well, tried both legacy 11 and normal.

23 hours ago, etcroot said:

This is happening to me currently 05/09, I'm on directx 11 as well, tried both legacy 11 and normal.

This should hopefully be fixed once we move to Shadowlands, as the implementation for our Editor has been changed to kindly share graphics access instead of requiring full control. In the mean time: If you're on Windows 11: No current solution. If you are on Windows 10: you may have a program interfering in the background, such as an overlay or monitor program. Disabling those should allow the editor to function in the mean time.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif