Kawafwen

Filtering for the Phase Manager log

The Epsilon Phase Manager addon logs commands used by visitors to the phase, which is good. Someone uses a spell that nukes all the NPCs or crashes everyone, that's good to know.

What I don't really need to know--and what constantly clogs the addon--is stuff like .mod scale, .mod speed, .cheat fly, .phase enter, .unaura, .mod stand, .mod anim, .additem, .morph, .vis, .ph ann, .ph pop,

Basically just stuff that is not going to affect a phase's functionality. Stuff that isn't going to crash a phase, isn't going to warrant needing to figure out who did what (like deleting an object or an npc), things like that. Auras and spells, sure. Removing auras, nah.

Plus it looks like there's weirdness with other addons for some reason. As a test, I used .ph cleartemp, then reloaded my ui to show the results on the log. .ph cleartemp showed up in the log... but so did the gears, red exclamation mark, green exclamation mark, and chat bubble used by the addon ChatBubble. None of them had been on me before the reload, nor had any of them been on me in the time that I had been online. So for some reason the log recorded them being unaura'd from me, as well as me using .mod stand, which I hadn't used. It isn't part of my .ph cleartemp macro, nor my /reload ui macro.

Optional filtering for the phase manager log would be cool I guess, but honestly none of this would really help to see in the phase log. If it was just automatically filtered out, that'd be great.

Join the Patch Bank for modding resources, patch updates, and to share your work: https://discord.gg/pJvY5EZ8AY
Hop in The Library. Check out some guides. Wanna shift WMOs? Have a look: https://discord.gg/GEZpsDNtWH
Never forget that video games are supposed to be fun. Once they're not, it's time to fix things.