Gobatto

The Never-Ending Initial Setup

Hey there. So, weeks ago, whenever I tried to launch Epsi, I got stuck halfway through the loading bar on that dreaded window: "World of Warcraft is performing initial setup of required data files. This may take a few minutes. You may also cancel this process and allow the Launcher to complete installation".

I tried getting rid of the few patches I had to see if it made any difference, but no results. Tried to wait and see if it actually loaded, but hours afterwards, no luck either. Tried uninstalling Epsi and re-installing it entirely, but the issue was still happening. I stopped trying for a few weeks, tried again today, and the issue persists. Does anybody have any clue of what might be going on?

Help, I miss my friends.

On 4/12/2023 at 10:08 AM, Gobatto said:

Hey there. So, weeks ago, whenever I tried to launch Epsi, I got stuck halfway through the loading bar on that dreaded window: "World of Warcraft is performing initial setup of required data files. This may take a few minutes. You may also cancel this process and allow the Launcher to complete installation".

I tried getting rid of the few patches I had to see if it made any difference, but no results. Tried to wait and see if it actually loaded, but hours afterwards, no luck either. Tried uninstalling Epsi and re-installing it entirely, but the issue was still happening. I stopped trying for a few weeks, tried again today, and the issue persists. Does anybody have any clue of what might be going on?

Help, I miss my friends.

Did it work previously for you? Perhaps you need to install the VC_Redist again. This & more can be found in the Discord's #tech-support channel, but I'll link the download for the newest VC_Redist from microsoft too: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/VC_redist.x64.exe

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Yeah, the issue was kinda abrupt. I had been playing regularly with no problems, and then one day that suddenly started happening. Thank you, I'll try the solution you have suggested.

On 4/13/2023 at 11:15 PM, MindScape xaid:

Did it work previously for you? Perhaps you need to install the VC_Redist again. This & more can be found in the Discord's #tech-support channel, but I'll link the download for the newest VC_Redist from microsoft too: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/VC_redist.x64.exe

Utter lies, I installed this patch and still no solutions, I am still on the initial setup loop despite installing your solution. So no it did not work for me, not sure about the guy that made the post though. 

On 4/17/2023 at 12:08 AM, thechampion670 said:

Utter lies, I installed this patch and still no solutions, I am still on the initial setup loop despite installing your solution. So no it did not work for me, not sure about the guy that made the post though. 

lol - utter lies - aight. As I mentioned before, discord is the best place for support vs the forums. Someone is much more likely to assist there, and can help troubleshoot what issues you are having.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif