aweirddude_

[Interest Check] Large-scale Custom RP?

Heyo.

I'm new to the server after a friend suggested I try it out, and I was thinking about if you'd be interested in something I tried doing on RPH. The premise is a large-scale custom world for RP, with some kind of lore connecting it to Azeroth so you may enter. I've got some old screenshots from RPH around if you want a sample of my building, too. Most of it's unfinished (basically all of it) but it's a good sample of what I've done.

WoWScrnShot_063017_173536.jpg

WoWScrnShot_073017_233501.jpg

WoWScrnShot_073017_232903.jpg

WoWScrnShot_071717_185935.jpg

WoWScrnShot_060217_114914.jpg

WoWScrnShot_060317_130728.jpg

WoWScrnShot_051417_151856.jpg

WoWScrnShot_051517_202352.jpg

Please.

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

What kind of custom rp? What kind of lore?

Elaborate, please.

598516e81f525814930257.gif

5 minutes ago, Gocker said:

What kind of custom rp? What kind of lore?

Elaborate, please.

Basically, custom RP set in another world. Lore different to try and make a different experience out of WoW rather than "there's these rules from lore, follow". I mainly do it for essentially adding a bit of spice to RP. Despite the fact not many people were interested on RPH lmao.

What type of elves can I expect? Very important question.

This is the same sort of idea I used when I made Chronicles of Veruna, minus connecting it to Azeroth of course. Unfortunately...with my DMs no longer having the time to build and prepare the NPCs for events I had to convert it into a Discord based thing. WoW lore has sort of gone downhill over the years with all its retconning and poorly thoughtout changes to things. A group of people collaborating to make their own world can typically spit out something better now. Though likely not as flushed out.

Anyway...depending on the lore you spit out, it could be interesting. But at this point it seems like you've more just a plethora of areas to be used to RP in and host events in...but no lore for your world.

That being said, if you intend to make a custom world...it is best to disconnect it from WoW entirely. Keep everything to your own world and phase...dont try to combine two places.

8 hours ago, Romeo said:

What type of elves can I expect? Very important question.

7 minutes ago, ArvickCorpsebane said:

Yes. That's a very important question.

Mainly your generic high and dark elves. Nothing too unique aside from their past.

I'd be very intrigued, especially since I'm attempting to begin my own custom lore setting with elements of Warcraft remaining. Although your building skills are very much beyond my own. I'd quite like to hear more about the background information and lore surrounding it.

On 2017-07-31 at 6:42 AM, oddsean said:

Basically, custom RP set in another world. Lore different to try and make a different experience out of WoW rather than "there's these rules from lore, follow". I mainly do it for essentially adding a bit of spice to RP. Despite the fact not many people were interested on RPH lmao.

I know that this post might be a bit old, however. That statement you said following; "Lore different to try and made a different experience out of WoW rather than 'There's these rules from lore, follow'."  Is it heavy custom lore, what is there to expect? Demigods or what's happening? 

"Honor one, Help Many."

"From our Ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors."

Defender of the weak.jpg

19 hours ago, Silver said:

I know that this post might be a bit old, however. That statement you said following; "Lore different to try and made a different experience out of WoW rather than 'There's these rules from lore, follow'."  Is it heavy custom lore, what is there to expect? Demigods or what's happening? 

Something completely separate from warcraft as a whole.

Looks good. The question is, do you have a story/lore to back up the awesome map building?

If yes It would be nice to give us at least some glimpses

If no, well if you need help creating one I am here.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:48 PM, sandon8 said:

Is this still going on? Ambitious! Count me in!

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm tempted to start it up and put a lot of effort into it again. So sure thing. I'll most likely be on my Atharan character, if I'm available.

2 hours ago, Vojtik said:

Looks good. The question is, do you have a story/lore to back up the awesome map building?

If yes It would be nice to give us at least some glimpses

If no, well if you need help creating one I am here.

Yes I do, but some help writing it would be great. Send your discord or skype in private.

On 5/11/2017 at 7:04 PM, oddsean said:

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm tempted to start it up and put a lot of effort into it again. So sure thing. I'll most likely be on my Atharan character, if I'm available.

Yes I do, but some help writing it would be great. Send your discord or skype in private.

Would love to join. Been busy with work but hopefully will have free time in a week or so.

Keep me posted.

19 hours ago, sandon8 said:

Would love to join. Been busy with work but hopefully will have free time in a week or so.

Keep me posted.

Cool. We'll need to do lots of building but I'll make sure RP of some substance comes out the moment it's ready.

It sounds like a great idea and a good concept too add some RP on the Epsilon server, even as a Custom Lore concept, it has a lot of potential for some RP with DM'ing etc. Plus, I am sure that it will go well through progression of the concept.