Beira

Mounted Casting

I won't be surprised if this actually cannot be done, but it'd be nice if somehow a way could be managed to allow us to cast spells and abilities while mounted.

Sorkar was attempting this as there were spells which applied buffs which supposedly allowed -certain- spells to be cast while mounted, but it was concluded that you could cast those spells while mounted without the buff, so its probably that some spells are designed to be used while mounted, but like 90% isn't, unfortunately.

coollogo_com-22769966.png

A thing to do is to have a spell or a command to force the mount to always be active, no matter what the player is doing, yet this will result in very weird animations.

willy1.PNG2017-07-23 00.26.45.jpg

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Sorkar was attempting this as there were spells which applied buffs which supposedly allowed -certain- spells to be cast while mounted, but it was concluded that you could cast those spells while mounted without the buff, so its probably that some spells are designed to be used while mounted, but like 90% isn't, unfortunately.

I've found some random, but not very useful, spells that could be, but as said, they weren't very useful for RP.

8 hours ago, Highlander said:

A thing to do is to have a spell or a command to force the mount to always be active, no matter what the player is doing, yet this will result in very weird animations.

Do you know any spell or command that would force that? It'd work for me. I wouldn't use wacky Monk attacks that flip around while on a mount.

If this were wotlk I'd explain you in detail how to handle it, alas I am unfamiliar with how spell flags work on any expansion past cataclysm as I didn't work with it. 

In wrath mounts were auras, which counted as spell buffs, setting them to "usable in combat" and "usable while mounting" produces desirable results. Then you need to modify every spell you want to use whilst mounted to have the exact same spell flags. On certain cores its a favorable solution as it creates exactly what you want. How ever there is a catch. If the spell gets you into combat after casting, it becomes unusable till you leave combat. It just grays out and when you press it you get a warning "You cannot do that yet". So It has to be a spell visual at most that doesn't get you into combat. On arc emu tho, you can cast on a mount normally after the above mentioned tweak on spells.

An ideal solution how ever for you is to just use the .mount command and apply a creature to you, that way spells will work if flagged with the methods above.