Nerazmus

[Diary] Devoided of Illusions

You've found a book in one of the old houses in Plaguelands, as you open it a tattered piece of paper falls out:

My vil              lage                burn     ed                     my vill          age

de         ad ever         yone is ded the sco   urge        eve   ry   one                they           kill   ed   every                        one

why?            they           forsaken                               us the       knights     they             didn't            come pala           dins now         here

why?     all i       s            lost un             dead mon        sters                 fire every        where

my            friends     alive          but                    dead           no             they          are monsters              run don't

stay                 hide al         on   e dead                     what?                        how?                            NO!!!!

never turn                           leave                        who?                 words?                noone

eye they          who?               where?                    rain                  hide                  sleep

follow pow             er         lake         voice              swim           drown                   die         no             seek                     dark

yes                 give                        in power                       just       yes                  steps

human? danger? enemy    fool    pain    talk    mad?!      kill blood       real     glorious     savior    he    life    good    they    bad       evil  whisper   in   the    trees he speaks he saved me will save us all we must just follow he made us he watches over us yes he not them their false promises safety? good life? fire death and misery pay they will I will my revenge stronger than they are

Believe in him He will give you what you need

Serve the god and he will reward you.

Edited by Albatros

Following is the actual diary

I see it clearly now. They are all the same, twisted, corrupted, hiding behind their blazing, shiny armor. But they won’t help you, not when you need them. They will only show up to make a good look and make a bunch of false promises. They deserve what is coming to them. My master will purge their filth from this world and restore his rightful empire.

When the scourge attacked my village, it were not the mighty paladins who showed up, it weren’t king’s knights who came to our rescue, no. It was he who saved me, my beloved master. He stopped the undead horde, he showed me where to hide. Yes. He gave power to do something, he gave me courage to stand up.

Now I will repay him. In his name I shall act. I’ll spread the word and find new followers. Because human lords tainted good people’s minds by false believe in the Light. They forgot who granted them so much. But I shall make them remember. I will enlighten them once more and they will see the truth. I will cure these poor people from their misguided beliefs and I’ll lead them on the right path. For that is his will.

Today I have run into another false-believer. He was looking at me with hate, as if I was the evil one. He should have been thankful instead, it was I who saved his wife after all. But no, he was just spouting out nonsenses. His mind was clearly tainted, I could say that this was very bad case of total brainwash. This man haven’t a bit of sanity left in him, how horrible can these false priests be… I knew I had to act quickly and even then, I might not be able to save him, release him from their grasp. It turned out to be even worse than I expected. Not just his mind, but his whole body fell to the corruption. The corruption sprouted out of him and tried to get me, but I’m protected by my god, it would take much more to overcome me. There was no hope left for that man. I had to put him out of his misery. The corruption was trying to save its host, but it wasn’t strong enough. At least that man’s spirit can rest in peace, forever free from grasps of corruption. I was able to provide only this for him. I burned his body and scattered the ash. I also took all items he had on him, I’ll have to try remove the foul curses from them, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll have to destroy them. Also I have to look for his son and find him as soon as possible. He is young and the corruption may not be rooted so deep in him. I hope I will be able to save him at least, so he can carry on his family legacy, no longer tainted, but free from the grasp of evil.

More to come soon

Edited by Albatros