MindScape

[ADDON] ObjectMover

Updated to v5.0.0c - http://bit.ly/objmov500c

• New: Move Relative option - When on, moves the object relative to your current orientation, not the objects. (I.e., object is facing east, you're facing north - 'forward' will move the object north, not east). Credits to shadowbunny88 for the initial idea and code.
  • New: Save / Load Preset Systems for Object Parameters and Rotations.
  • New: Apply rotation button! No longer need to move sliders around to apply rotation to a new object.
  • New: Hover your Mouse over almost any Text EditBox / CheckBox / Button for more details on it's function or usage.
  • New: Half / Double buttons per-dimension & scale. These are not dynamic and just update the box completely. Works alongside dynamic Double and Halve options still.
  • Added: Ability to set Key Bindings for toggling Move Object and Move Relative Options
  • Added: Lock Frame button besides the close button - When enabled, the frame cannot be moved.
  • Changed: Default 'Step' for Sliders is now in Whole Numbers (Use SHIFT or ALT modifiers to get decimal points), text-entry will auto-round to 4 decimal places.
  • Changed / Fixed: Scale will now wait 0.5 seconds before setting to avoid a server bug with scales set at same time as spawn not saving.
  • Fixed: Bindings for Halve / Bifold toggle.
  • Fixed: Options set via Binding not saving.
  • Fixed: Scale CheckButton un-checking if you are entering a new scale (now only disables the box when an invalid scale is present, re-enables when valid)
  • Not-Fixed: Compatibility with WIM (chat filter counting) (WIM Breaks everything. Don't use it.)
  • WIP: Auto Update Rot. - Button is added but non-functional as there's no feasible way to get the information needed from the server currently.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

When I use the addon, and click on up or down or whatever, I can't do any commands anymore. Is there a way to fix it? I can't look up any gobjects after I use it, nor can I use announce chat.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:54 AM, Suvi said:

When I use the addon, and click on up or down or whatever, I can't do any commands anymore. Is there a way to fix it? I can't look up any gobjects after I use it, nor can I use announce chat.

I'm unsure exactly what your problem is, as clicking Up or Down or any button for myself doesn't block you using commands after at all.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

On 8/6/2017 at 3:16 AM, MindScape said:

v6.0.0 (March 21, 2020)

• Auto Update Rot. finished and activated (note: ".go pitch/roll/turn" will be off until the next server mini-update due to syntax issues in the old reply - it will automatically work perfect once the server updates to the new command syntax!)
  • Major restructure of the ChatFilter to clean it up. It should be way more reliable. No more "My commands aren't showing in chat anymore wtf?" hopefully.
  • Move Relative now uses the server commands for best performance
  • More Cowbell

Updated

https://bit.ly/objmov600a

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

On 11/20/2018 at 8:54 AM, Suvi said:

This should be fixed ?

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

v7.0.0 (July 29, 2021)

• NEW: Added Tint & Object Spell Support
  • NEW: Object Group Support (Automatic)
  • NEW: Automatic Dimension Detection for M2's
  • NEW: Auto Update mode for Object Parameters (Will auto fill selected objects ID, Scale, and if it's an M2, the dimensions as well)
  • NEW: Auto Show option - Toggle on to automatically show ObjectMover when you load in
  • NEW: Fade Out option - Toggle on to fade ObjectMover to be less distracting when not in immediate use
  • UPDATED: Scale Object now works with Macro Spawning instead of delayed scale commands (No Delay, No Desync)
  • UPDATED: Scale Object now applies to the selected object when entered
  • UPDATED: Saved Presets can now be deleted directly from the UI (Right-Click in Load Dropdown to delete, no need to use chat commands now)
  • CHANGED: Spawn is now in Object section; Revised Movement button placements
  • CHANGED: Added a "Classic Layout" button in Movement to revert the movement buttons to closer to the original layout
  • REMOVED: Double & Halve checkboxes. 
    • You can still use the Double (x2) and Halve (1/2) buttons to change each dimension, or SHIFT-CLICK them to update all dimensions together.
  • Behind the Scenes:
    • Minimap Icon is better and more adaptable to if you use other minimaps / UI's
    • Improved ToolTips & UI Indications when things are disabled
    • Improved Slider Logic
    • Keybindings are sorted into their own category to be easier to find

https://github.com/MindScape00/ObjectMover/releases/download/v7.0.0/ObjectMover_7-0-rc2.zip

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

This is a great tool; but I'm trying to understand the psychology behind having no separate field for movement, as well as the esotericism of the actual method for doing so (filling all of the Object Info fields, and then clicking the movement buttons.)

Surely there's gotta be a reason for this oversight?

On 9/12/2021 at 4:25 AM, CoolDude420 said:

This is a great tool; but I'm trying to understand the psychology behind having no separate field for movement, as well as the esotericism of the actual method for doing so (filling all of the Object Info fields, and then clicking the movement buttons.)

Surely there's gotta be a reason for this oversight?

What do you mean? No separate fields for movement? Can you please explain further?

and you have to fill in all the object info fields to move because that’s how it knows how far to move. If you want to use it purely for moving yourself, just put in whatever numbers you want in the Length, Width, Height. 

There’s also an auto-fill option for when you select an object to auto-fill it with the correct information (m2 objects only).

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Well, for a newbie, there's no way to know exactly how to make an object move, unless you ask somebody.

As well as that, the player has to fill in three separate fields that already relate to a different property (Dimensions); rather than having another number field for MoveDistance. Just seems like it'd be more intuitive to have a little text box above the movement buttons, which relates to how far the object will be moved when the buttons are pressed.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, CoolDude420 said:

Well, for a newbie, there's no way to know exactly how to make an object move, unless you ask somebody.

As well as that, the player has to fill in three separate fields that already relate to a different property (Dimensions); rather than having another number field for MoveDistance. Just seems like it'd be more intuitive to have a little text box above the movement buttons, which relates to how far the object will be moved when the buttons are pressed.

How far the object will move IS the dimensions. The latest update also renamed the box to "Object Info" and the Length, Width, and Height, is how much the object will move - those are the numbers that are used. I am not sure on another way to rename them either that could make that clear, to be honest,

We do not just have a single 'move distance', as that could be different depending on the axis you want to move on if being used for tiling, or refined movements that would change based on length/width/height based on how you're moving them - i.e., placing plants or something, and wanting to move by 3's in distance, but only a few 0.1's or so in height to adjust to add variety. 

I've contemplated renaming the Object Info boxes, to like.. x,y,z? Or Horizontal (X), Vertical (Z), and ... depth (Y)? But, there's no good names for a 3D plane that is easily distinguishable outside of xyz, which can then cause confusion with the X Y Z on rotation. If we want to talk on esotericism, this right here would only complicate that further. I think leaving it as Length,Width,Height is the best decision, and new users have access to the pop-up guide / change-log also that should help clarify how to use the addon. Not to mention that Length/Width/Height can be auto-filled on selecting an object, so they don't need to do it manually. 

In all honesty, the addon was designed for objects to be moved on 3 axis, and the object dimensions / info are how much to move by. Changing that would fundamentally change the addon's useage cases - and adding a "toggle" with a single "Move Distance" box in the movement section would make the object info length/width/height pointless, as it wouldn't be used for ANYTHING else... so what's the point? You can just fill in the same # for all 3 if that's what's wanted.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif