MindScape

[ADDON] ObjectMover

UPDATE:

v4.1.1 (Aug 7, 2017)
    - Fixed Left / Right & Up / Down using their correct numbers instead of just always using the Length Value. Oops..
    - Introduced Temporary Rotation Step Increment Modifiers: Hold Shift to snap to full degrees, alt to snap to 0.1 degrees, both Alt+Shift to snap to every 5 degrees. Default without any modifiers is still 0.01 degrees.

http://bit.ly/objmov411

My bad, forgot to change some variables, so left / right and up / down weren't working on their own values. Had to fix that bug and put out the update now, so this current way modifiers work isn't the final iteration. There will be an actual option box for it later to put in your own increment value, with a few preset buttons. Maybe modifier keys like now will stay also, since it's quite simple to use.

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Addons are a spook.

But this is no spook. Good job.

// BORN TO NOTHING //

// WORLD IS A SPOOK //

// 武士KILL EM ALL 1846 //

// I AM GHOST BUSTER //

// 410,757,864,530 SPOOKED LIBERALS //

You deserve a medal.

But I still don't get what the movement is for and also some of the options, when I click it in-game it doesn't really seem to do anything at all.

6 hours ago, Morgus said:

You deserve a medal.

But I still don't get what the movement is for and also some of the options, when I click it in-game it doesn't really seem to do anything at all.

You can set Length, Width, and Height in the object parameters, and then when you hit one of the movement buttons, it'll move you by the respective amount (or move the GObject selected if you have "Move Object" selected in options). Length = Forward / Backward, Width = Left / Right, Height = Up / Down. 

If you hit the "Halve" or "Double" options, those numbers in Length / Width / Height will be doubled or halved when you move. So if you have your length set to 2, and move forward, you'll ".gps for 2" - But now if you hit the double options, and move forward again using the button, you'll move forward 4 instead, since it's now doubled. The actual numbers in the box won't change though.

Spawn on Move makes it so you spawn an object every time you move, so that you can quickly GPS build by setting the numbers up (i.e., like objects from this thread: https://forums.epsilonwow.net/topic/217-gps-coordinates-list/ ) and just moving each time, it auto spawns, then move again, and continue. 

Messages is just a checkbox if you want to see the spam from all the commands used when moving, rotating, ect. Best to leave it off unless it bugs out and starts blocking all messages (this can happen in current version - already fixed on my version but working on some other updates (like Auto Dim) first before putting it out).

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

4 hours ago, MindScape said:

You can set Length, Width, and Height in the object parameters, and then when you hit one of the movement buttons, it'll move you by the respective amount (or move the GObject selected if you have "Move Object" selected in options). Length = Forward / Backward, Width = Left / Right, Height = Up / Down. 

If you hit the "Halve" or "Double" options, those numbers in Length / Width / Height will be doubled or halved when you move. So if you have your length set to 2, and move forward, you'll ".gps for 2" - But now if you hit the double options, and move forward again using the button, you'll move forward 4 instead, since it's now doubled. The actual numbers in the box won't change though.

Spawn on Move makes it so you spawn an object every time you move, so that you can quickly GPS build by setting the numbers up (i.e., like objects from this thread: https://forums.epsilonwow.net/topic/217-gps-coordinates-list/ ) and just moving each time, it auto spawns, then move again, and continue. 

Messages is just a checkbox if you want to see the spam from all the commands used when moving, rotating, ect. Best to leave it off unless it bugs out and starts blocking all messages (this can happen in current version - already fixed on my version but working on some other updates (like Auto Dim) first before putting it out).

Omg thank you so much, this helped loads!

This addon is amazing, thank you so much for making it! However the down button has stopped working for me. It just says this when I click it:

Syntax: .gobject move downwards %f
Moves the object downwards %float units

and nothing happens. I tried reinstalling the mod but the problem was still there.

2 hours ago, Kyliel said:

This addon is amazing, thank you so much for making it! However the down button has stopped working for me. It just says this when I click it:

Syntax: .gobject move downwards %f
Moves the object downwards %float units

and nothing happens. I tried reinstalling the mod but the problem was still there.

Oops. Uhm - Yea, I know the issue, I fixed it on my end, but I think I never uploaded the fixed version. Gimme a wee bit to fix some other things and I'll try and get the new version up tonight.

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

@Kyliel Updated! :) Didn't get to the new features yet but made some backend progress on it, but all the bugs should be squashed in this pretty high update.

Updated to v4.2.0

• Fixed Up / Down not working until Forward / Back was used once
  • Fixed Up / Down not using the correct number (again, sorry - ACTUALLY FIXED NOW!)
  • Changed saved variables into a table instead of a different saved variable for each one

http://bit.ly/objmov420

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Minor 4.2.0b update, just removed the call to an old function so it won't print out a Lua error if you have those on. Error didn't impact functionality tho.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to make a tab with "saved" parameters? It would save a lot of time if I could just select a set of parameters I've already made instead of pasting in all the data from a macro or a forum post.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:38 AM, Morgus said:

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to make a tab with "saved" parameters? It would save a lot of time if I could just select a set of parameters I've already made instead of pasting in all the data from a macro or a forum post.

It would - I'd planned to do something like "Auto Dimensions" where it updates when you select an object to it's coordinates but it would be a lot of work and updates to compile that all - so instead a 'Save' button would work really nicely yea. I'll look into that :)

Plan:

• Save / Load buttons for Object Parameters
  • Update 'step' function with an input box to set it
  • Add in a "Rotate" button so that you can simply just click it and set the rotation, instead of having to change something and change it back
  • Add in a "Update Rotation on Select" option to rotation which, when you select an object, it updates the sliders to the objects current rotation.

I think that's the plan for now. It seems like lots of work and more sleepless nights tho

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

2 minutes ago, MindScape said:

It would - I'd planned to do something like "Auto Dimensions" where it updates when you select an object to it's coordinates but it would be a lot of work and updates to compile that all - so instead a 'Save' button would work really nicely yea. I'll look into that :)

Plan:

• Save / Load buttons for Object Parameters
  • Update 'step' function with an input box to set it
  • Add in a "Rotate" button so that you can simply just click it and set the rotation, instead of having to change something and change it back
  • Add in a "Update Rotation on Select" option to rotation which, when you select an object, it updates the sliders to the objects current rotation.

I think that's the plan for now. It seems like lots of work and more sleepless nights tho

If it was possible to get the exact gps of the object when you clicked the "Get object ID" button it would make building with gps so easy, but I don't know if that's possible.

By the way if you need help just send me a pm.

Edited by Morgus

8 hours ago, Morgus said:

If it was possible to get the exact gps of the object when you clicked the "Get object ID" button it would make building with gps so easy, but I don't know if that's possible.

By the way if you need help just send me a pm.

It would only be possible if: The addon contained an extensive list of objects and their gps coordinates, or, the server returned a "Suggested Coordinates: X Y Z" type thing when selecting an object. 

That second option would actually be pretty cool tbh, and then it can be updated to support new objects without ever having to update the addon.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

39 minutes ago, MindScape said:

It would only be possible if: The addon contained an extensive list of objects and their gps coordinates, or, the server returned a "Suggested Coordinates: X Y Z" type thing when selecting an object. 

That second option would actually be pretty cool tbh, and then it can be updated to support new objects without ever having to update the addon.

It really would, but that would require someone to figure out the gps for every single one of those objects as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, Morgus said:

It really would, but that would require someone to figure out the gps for every single one of those objects as far as I know.

Not every - just update them server side as they are figured out. I can put objects into blender also and figure out their exact size tho also. I wonder if there could even be a way to grab the exact size in the WoW client if it reads it's collisions or model or such O.o 

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

12 hours ago, MindScape said:

Not every - just update them server side as they are figured out. I can put objects into blender also and figure out their exact size tho also. I wonder if there could even be a way to grab the exact size in the WoW client if it reads it's collisions or model or such O.o 

That would be amazing, and yeah I think using blender to get the exact size would be the only way otherwise.