Sign in to follow this  
Apoapsis

The Announcement Box

Why doesn't Epsilon have one? The other communities seem to use this extensively and from what I can tell it's an easy way to store useful information where it is readily accessible for everyone. It would have been a lot more useful than having to prod friends on why the server is down, it shouldn't be mandatory to get Discord in order to stay informed. 

Edited by Apoapsis

That's way too small and everyone can write into it. This announcement box would be strictly on the forums and for the administration to use.

what i'd like to know is why can't i toggle event or guild announcements

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

"Other communities" literally took the default IPB Shoutbox and restricted it to a certain rank and above. 

If anything, we should just be using the actual Announcements board a bit more with all this information. But Aza is very busy. I wouldn't mind helping him out by posting stuff there but *shrug*. 

Maybe @Tia or @Grimm or some of the others tho can? But I really don't think a restricted shoutbox is needed.

Edit: Maybe it we be okay - something quick and on the forums to post to for staff outside of formal threads, for those that don't look at Discord. Or just put a giant discord button on the forums and tell them to check there ;)

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Sign in to follow this