Nerazmus

Request - custom models/textures guide

I can do 3D models and textures, however it have been ages since I played around with WoW.

If someone can give me rundown of how to import wow models into some editor and export them into something Epsilon can process, it would make me very happy.

Tools

Liftfile - For Casc explorer etc.

Basically this includes a bunch of things like:

Casc Explorer for browsing the game files. Use with Listfile.txt you can download from that github repository.

Blender - to edit models.

Blender import/export plugins.

010editor - to hex edit if you need to.

hex templates - so you can see what to change.

M2mod - to convert m2 to m2i, which can then be imported into Blender, and from m2i to m2 to place in wow.

This is a basic overview of what you need to do for your basic stuff

1. Start with Casc explorer, find what you want and extract it.
  2. Open up m2mod and convert the m2 to m2i.
  3. Open up Blender, import m2i and make changes - do whatever you need.
  4. Export as m2i from Blender.
  5. Change to import section on m2mod, use original m2, use changed m2i and choose where you'd like your altered model m2 to be placed. Preload > Go! If it fucks up, you likely need to go back into blender and rename meshes. 

Once you have your model, navigate to World of Warcraft directory and create the filepaths so that it is the same as what you extracted it from casc with.

e.g. Model was found in character/draenei/male -> create that folder path in your root world of warcraft directory, and put your edited models there.

For textures, a program like Photoshop or GIMP, convert blp to png and then open up textures there. Or just map it to model using imported png and putting it into blender that way.

thats a crash course in it, if you need help just send me a pm on discord or on these forums. 

Edited by Grandmaster Pa