Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

NPC Forge, but as a "WEBSITE" addition

For someone like myself, .phase forge just seems.. confusing. I'm more of a guy who likes to see it as a visual and edit it real time so I can see the options needed for both races, gender, etc. I know it's LISTED under the phase forge command, but doing it via. the Website CP seems like it could be better for some people. And just as an alternative option. Why not have both?

Or do an addon version. Which I think is already happening, if I were to guess.

Can I close my own suggestion-.. no? Shame.

Personally, I'd go for the website as well. But.. I've been told that what's coming, will possibly get me to think otherwise. We'll see in due time. If that is not the case, a website addition might/should pop up at some point for people who'd prefer that.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

I'd much prefer a website variation, although I suppose the in-game commands are convenient enough. It begs to question how making an NPC on the website would transplant them into the game, how long that would take, if the frequent server crashes would adversely affect them, etc. If anything, I think the addon concept is more appropriate.

I'd prefer it be an addon. Is there any situation where via the website would be a better alternative than in-game?

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a basic SQL parser to even let you import weapons from another database...

Web-based tools would be more versatile down the line. In-game would be a good basic option, but for advanced users you can accomplish more on a webpage than you ever could with the limitations of the game. The stipulation would be that any NPC added via webtools would need to wait for a server restart to load the new NPC's, and you'll have to figure out a way to make the two work flawlessly, since you run the risk of any NPC's added in-game overwriting the NPC's added via webtools since they won't be registered immediately in the server memory.

Sign in to follow this