Sign in to follow this  
Cain

[REQUEST] Tiles

Could it be possible to create some sort of tiles with textures like sand, snow etc. Would be very useful for building.

5 hours ago, Morgus said:

Could it be possible to create some sort of tiles with textures like sand, snow etc. Would be very useful for building.

Yes*

But they'd have to be replacers for current .m2 objects - something which isn't a good idea, as that means something that someone might want to use, would be replaced (there's ones we could replace easily, like broken ones and the deleteme stuff, but really that's not a final solution, as that has limits). 

The goal I think is to break casc open first, and then go ham adding in new shit.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

1 hour ago, MindScape said:

Yes*

But they'd have to be replacers for current .m2 objects - something which isn't a good idea, as that means something that someone might want to use, would be replaced (there's ones we could replace easily, like broken ones and the deleteme stuff, but really that's not a final solution, as that has limits). 

The goal I think is to break casc open first, and then go ham adding in new shit.

i'm pretty sure a crack was found. we just don't have it until that french server that found it shares it

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

2 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

i'm pretty sure a crack was found. we just don't have it until that french server that found it shares it

If they actually cracked it.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

I don't quite understand everything you're talking about but I've noticed quite a few purple boxes that could easily be replaced with the tiles. I know this isn't the best solution but until we are able to create .m2's this would be the best solution.

Let us summon Monty

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

2 hours ago, Norshar said:

Let us summon Monty

It's not that hard but there's no point in doing it now, if we're going to add in official ones later on NEW ID's instead of replacing others. That'll just ruin builds and fragment the community, as you'd need to go back through and replace old tiles with new ones (which may or may not be the same sizes then?), or force people entering your phase to have the patch for the other tiles then on top of the official one. It's not so bad atm anyways to work without tiles - right decor and such and it's better even. (Albeit there are some cases were tiles would just be amazing, yes)

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

8 hours ago, MindScape said:

It's not that hard but there's no point in doing it now, if we're going to add in official ones later on NEW ID's instead of replacing others. That'll just ruin builds and fragment the community, as you'd need to go back through and replace old tiles with new ones (which may or may not be the same sizes then?), or force people entering your phase to have the patch for the other tiles then on top of the official one. It's not so bad atm anyways to work without tiles - right decor and such and it's better even. (Albeit there are some cases were tiles would just be amazing, yes)

That's true. Will it be hard to figure out how to add new .m2's?

Almost the only reason I want tiles is because I would be able to make beaches and make my flooring look better than 1000 worgen_plank.m2's side by side.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:34 AM, Morgus said:

That's true. Will it be hard to figure out how to add new .m2's?

Almost the only reason I want tiles is because I would be able to make beaches and make my flooring look better than 1000 worgen_plank.m2's side by side.

soon™ 

I think.

Rumors have it that Chase has like 8000 tiles ready to go in, all as brand new objects.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

1 hour ago, MindScape said:

soon™ 

I think.

Rumors have it that Chase has like 8000 tiles ready to go in, all as brand new objects.

Sweet, Chase always putting in work.

Chase indeed has set up seeral thousand new tiles. I'm currently working on the infrastructure to send them to the client so so that it doesn't need to replace old objects, but most of the credit goes to an outside source. We'll put up a complete write up when we can say more.

sSHRE9G.png

8 hours ago, Azarchius said:

Chase indeed has set up seeral thousand new tiles. I'm currently working on the infrastructure to send them to the client so so that it doesn't need to replace old objects, but most of the credit goes to an outside source. We'll put up a complete write up when we can say more.

Amazing!