aurot

Scale Finder

Make it in LUA?  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Make the Bear learn Lua?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/70 at 12:00 AM

Hi. I'm Pooh Bear. I needed an excuse to learn some C#.

I wrote a dinky little program to find the scale modifier you'd put into !mod scale <number> based off of Wowpedia's numbers for heights found here. I recognize some people don't agree with these numbers or anything, but hey. It's worth a shot for some consistency. I don't expect anyone to use it religiously but I thought "Hey I spent 6 hours coding this, might as well share it, right?"

Anyway, it's kind of in a beta stage, so don't expect it to work perfectly or look pretty. If you're a security nut, feel free to look at the source code here. It might crash, but if it manages to hurt your computer, you've got way bigger problems than Pooh Bear's Scale Finder.

If you encounter a bug, by all means, let me know about it at this link. But bear in mind, if you don't tell me what you were trying to do, how you tried to do it, and what happened instead of what you were expecting, I won't read it, and I'll delete the entry. I know that sounds rude, but just saying "It crashes" does not help me find and fix the problem at all.

You're probably looking for the link but hold your dang horses. Your anti-virus might freak out because you can bet your ass it won't recognize it, I don't think it'll remove it, but if it does, just PM me and we'll figure it out.

A couple of pointers:

• Please go from top to bottom filling out the stuff. I haven't tested filling it out backward or in a random order, although I don't think that should cause any problems.
  • If you're using metrics, it follows the scheme of x.yz meters. The second field that was Inches won't let you enter anything. So if you want to put in 2 meters and 20 cm, put 2.2 into the Meters field.
  • If you're using metrics and want to use a value less than a meter for some reason, you need to use the scheme 0.xy meters in the Meters field.

Download that shit here.

PS: I've attached a poll to see if you people want me to punish myself more and learn LUA so I can just make it an addon. That will probably take more time, and I won't make any promises, just tell me if that sounds interesting or not to you.

Edited by aurot

It's cool to see someone else got this idea, so that's a thumbs up.

Though, I might as well inform you that, we'll be getting an addon based on my scale guide (which includes the gamepedia heights since I've been editing a lot of those.)

Should take a look at the note of the "lore" heights as well, as many of them come from a non-Blizzard company, aka, they're.. not actually canon. So, many of the game model heights are thus more accurate. In cases such as pandaren, goblins, human females, et cetera.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

Oh, yeah. I'm aware they're not really endorsed canon, which is what I meant. I just figured "hey, good exercise to learn a new language, fuck it might as well share"

although now i need a new excuse to learn lua i guess unless y'all wanna take on a greenhorn for some extra help...

Edited by aurot