Sign in to follow this  
MindScape

[ADDON] ChatBubble

ChatBubble

Intro

ChatBubble is another entry into the ConvenientCommands addon list that brings Chat Bubble style Typing Indicators to WoW. It will cast the spell or set your character animation (Stand-State) when you are typing, and then removes it when you are done typing. It also includes optional settings to: Toggle what chat types trigger a chat bubble; Ignore server (.?!) and slash (/) commands, OOC brackets, and linking items so that chat bubbles don't appear when doing so; Choose what Spell is used for each chat type, or simply use one for all.

redVwzd.png

Spoiler

x78NAqZ.png

Features

• Displays a Chat Bubble above your head when typing
    • Customizable for any spell or animation-emote (stand-state) instead.
  • Fully integrated Interface -> Addons Options menu ( https://i.imgur.com/x78NAqZ.png )
    • Can toggle chat types on and off (On: Shows Chat Bubble, Off: No Chat Bubble)
    • Can choose what spell to use for each chat type, either from a preset list, or typing in any spell ID
    • Options to toggle if .?!/ commands, OOC Brackets, and putting a link in chat display Chat Bubbles or not 
    • Can toggle the entire system on / off in case you want to go stealth-typing.
  • Only applies spells and emotes to yourself
  • Supports "<Typing>" indicators on your name-plate for a less-intrusive option. You can use both if you want even!
  • Performance Friendly, only calls to display the ChatBubble when actually typing, not consistently rechecking > every second.

Download

This is included by default when you install Epsilon as of 8.3! - Old Download (Outdated, Do not use!): https://bit.ly/chatbub220

Installation

Download the .7z above, open it with 7Zip (Recommended) or any other archive program that supports the format. Drag the "ChatBubble" folder to your 'World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/' folder.
Launch the game, and login. In bottom left of Character Select, click "Addons" and then ensure ChatBubble is enabled. Use "/cb" ingame to open the options menu, or hit Escape, Interface, Addons to open it. You can adjust settings to your preference there. (Settings are per-character)

Changes

V2.2.0 (March 21, 2020)

• Added <Typing> support, requires Epsilon addon dependency (Cred: Gardener for <Typing> itself)
    • Toggleable via /cb settings menu, default enabled
  • Fixed some logic ideas, added redundancy to avoid sometimes not removing the emotes/spells/indicator.

Previous:

Spoiler

V2.1.0 (July 24, 2018)

Spoiler
  • Added Animation-Emote (Stand-State) Functionality (Use a Negative Number in the Text Box to have it sent as an emote (.mod stand) instead of spell).
  • Added Emote Presets to Preset Dropdown Menus
  • Updated Useful Spells list with Emotes - Made it look neater too.
  • Modified chat filter to turn off on the last message of phase info or main phase.
  • Now uses ".aura X self" for spells to avoid hitting other people with the spell.
  • Added Hover-over Help Text ToolTips in some areas.
  • Fixed Debug CheckBox HitRectInsets.

v2.0.1 (9/7/2017)

Spoiler
  • Modified Commands check - now escapes the check and returns to default chat handling if you put in two command characters (.!?/) in a row.
    • i.e., starting a message with "..Hello!" before would trigger as a command, when it's not. Now properly displays it's correct chat bubble as according to your settings for whatever chat type you are currently in.
    • Thanks to @Firestorm for noting this error / suggesting the change

v2.0.0 (9/2/2017)

Spoiler
  • Introduced Addon Options Menu (via Interface -> Addons, or simply "/cb command")
  • Introduced ability to toggle what chat's activate a ChatBubble
    • Can specify whatever spell you want in the Spell ID box, or choose a preset spell from the known good ones
      • *Red '!' currently only displays over your own head. This is an issue with the spell and is present in other addons that use the spell, and occurs when you use it with .cast/.aura/.learn also. Not something I can fix
    • Can specify if you just want to use the 'Say' spell for all chat types (i.e. so all are just a normal Chat Bubble)
  • Added Toggle for allowing chat bubble when typing in a .?!/ command
  • Added Toggle for allowing chat bubble when typing with '(' as first character ((OOC Chat))
  • Added Toggle for allowing links in chat (Default: Off [stops showing Chat Bubble if link is put into the editbox])
  • Fixed CSTACK OVERFLOW errors (Thanks Chase for pointing out the error, dumb me)
  • Automatically detect if you're in a phase or not on login, and every time you enter and exit a phase, changing modes to avoid casting the spell on others (This will be updated later to be better once Epsilon adds in further support for ".aura X self", which will eliminate the entire need for phase checking and switching between .aura and .cast, and solves issues with .cast, on some spells, casting on other people - Not a problem if you use the recommended spells though, as they are self-cast only anyway)
  • Works through /reload & Loading Screens (Removes old bubble, not an issue with v1, but introduced with v2 if you have commands on)

v1.0.0 (8/17/2017)

Spoiler
  • Release

Credits & Permissions

Made by MindScape for EpsilonWoW, with help from Chase

You may not reupload or host the addon, in partial or entirety, on any other forums or sites without written express permission.

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

3 minutes ago, FilthySlovak said:

or let everyone create things where-ever and don't create ridiculous drama when someone just so happens to pump out a similar addon before you do

To me it seems like he just makes exactly what Mindscape makes, he made a copy of the gobject mover addon called it gobject69..

Updated to v2.0.0 (9/2/2017)

• Introduced Addon Options Menu (via Interface -> Addons, or simply "/cb" command)
  • Introduced ability to toggle what chat's activate a ChatBubble
    • Can specify whatever spell you want in the Spell ID box, or choose a preset spell from the known good ones
      • *Red '!' currently only displays over your own head. This is an issue with the spell and is present in other addons that use the spell, and occurs when you use it with .cast/.aura/.learn also. Not something I can fix.
    • Can specify if you just want to use the 'Say' spell for all chat types (i.e. so all are just a normal Chat Bubble)
  • Added Toggle for allowing chat bubble when typing in a .?!/ command
  • Added Toggle for allowing chat bubble when typing with '(' as first character ((OOC Chat))
  • Added Toggle for allowing links in chat (Default: Off [stops showing Chat Bubble if link is put into the editbox])
  • Fixed CSTACK OVERFLOW errors (Thanks Chase for pointing out the error, dumb me)
  • Automatically detect if you're in a phase or not on login, and every time you enter and exit a phase, changing modes to avoid casting the spell on others (This will be updated later to be better once Epsilon adds in further support for ".aura X self", which will eliminate the entire need for phase checking and switching between .aura and .cast, and solves issues with .cast, on some spells, casting on other people - Not a problem if you use the recommended spells though, as they are self-cast only anyway)
  • Works through /reload & Loading Screens (Removes old bubble, not an issue with v1, but introduced with v2 if you have commands on)
Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

so the entire exchange I had a week ago alongside people calling you out for actual scummy behaviour disappeared except for 1 comment of morgus defending you just completely vanishes

interesting

Edited by FilthySlovak

2 minutes ago, FilthySlovak said:

so the entire exchange I had a week ago alongside people calling you out for actual scummy behaviour disappeared except for 1 comment of morgus defending you just completely vanishes

interesting

Wasn't me? I can't delete or hide posts or anything, nor did I even ask or whatnot. Plus, we're wayyy past that. You be you but no need to try and start shit again.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

7 minutes ago, FilthySlovak said:

interesting

giphy.gif

Image result for background sunshine  200 x 200

Updateddddd

v2.0.1 (9/7/2017)

• Modified Commands check - now escapes the check and returns to default chat handling if you put in two command characters (.!?/) in a row.
    • i.e., starting a message with "..Hello!" before would trigger as a command, when it's not. Now properly displays it's correct chat bubble as according to your settings for whatever chat type you are currently in.
    • Thanks to @Firestorm for noting this error / suggesting the change

http://bit.ly/chatbub201 

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

On 8/27/2017 at 5:58 PM, MindScape said:

V2.1.0 (July 24, 2018)

• Added Animation-Emote (Stand-State) Functionality (Use a Negative Number in the Text Box to have it sent as an emote (.mod stand) instead of spell).
  • Added Emote Presets to Preset Dropdown Menus
  • Updated Useful Spells list with Emotes - Made it look neater too.
  • Modified chat filter to turn off on the last message of phase info or main phase.
  • Now uses ".aura X self" for spells to avoid hitting other people with the spell.
  • Added Hover-over Help Text ToolTips in some areas.
  • Fixed Debug CheckBox HitRectInsets.

Updated! New Features, Finally fixed that bug of it casting on other people if you're an officer (Sorry, I thought I released the fix to that like a year ago.. my bad)

http://bit.ly/chatbub210

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

I can't get Kui to work on enemy players who aren't in PvP

Also the nameplate reverts to the non-TRP name when I target the player?

EDIT: Shit wrong thread

Edited by QueensideRook
wrong thread, dumbass

On 8/27/2017 at 5:58 PM, MindScape said:

V2.2.0 (March 21, 2020)

• Added <Typing> support, requires Epsilon addon dependency (Cred: Gardener for <Typing> itself)
    • Toggleable via /cb settings menu, default enabled
  • Fixed some logic ideas, added redundancy to avoid sometimes not removing the emotes/spells/indicator

Updated to v2.2.0 

https://bit.ly/chatbub220

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

I love the <Typing> feature so much!  Could I request an option to disable the spells and just have the <Typing> indicator?

On 5/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, vrroena said:

I love the <Typing> feature so much!  Could I request an option to disable the spells and just have the <Typing> indicator?

You can disable the spells in-game using the options menu for the addon. Use /cb command to open the options menu. Change the spell to 0 to disable that but still allow typing indicator to be used.

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif