Sign in to follow this  
Darkarion

[Request] Replacing a model with another

As the title suggest, I wish to replace this model with another one. (couldn't find the wowhead link to that model :/ )

I can provide the file at any time. Shouldn't take long enough since it is a model replacement. I'll obivously edit the post once the patch is complete.

Edited by Darkarion

12 hours ago, Darkarion said:

As the title suggest, I wish to replace this model with another one. (couldn't find the wowhead link to that model :/ )

I can provide the file at any time. Shouldn't take long enough since it is a model replacement. I'll obivously edit the post once the patch is complete.

You're wanting to replace Anduin with something else?

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

1 hour ago, Darkarion said:

Yeap.

If you have the model already that you want, you can just find Anduin's model in WoWModelViewer, it'll tell you the path of his files, just recreate that in your WoW folder, and then stick your files of the model in there but renamed as the same as Anduin's files. 

That is - if your model is already in WoW format for legion, is it?

(For reference: the model you're looking to replace is "creature/anduin/anduin.m2" and "creature/anduin/anduinskin.blp", and also the "creature/anduin/anduin00.skin" and "anduin01.skin" I assume - he has lots of anim files in there also tho)

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Alright. Problem is I haven't used WoWModelViewer before, so it might take some time till i get used to it. I have uplodaed the model aswell. Don't pay attention the sword file.

Edit : I believe I can swap the models, given the right instructions.

GoTJoffreyThanksInico.rar

Edited by Darkarion

5 hours ago, Darkarion said:

Alright. Problem is I haven't used WoWModelViewer before, so it might take some time till i get used to it. I have uplodaed the model aswell. Don't pay attention the sword file.

Edit : I believe I can swap the models, given the right instructions.

GoTJoffreyThanksInico.rar

Hmm - I'm not completely sure how you'd do this - the files are .mdx which are WoW, but no skin files to replace the current. Not sure if it might just work tho, so you can try renaming joffrey.mdx to anduin.m2 and placing it in "creature/anduin/" and then also rename JoffreyFinal.blp to anduinskin.blp and put it in the same folder. No promises here but it might work

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Just now, MindScape said:

Hmm - I'm not completely sure how you'd do this - the files are .mdx which are WoW, but no skin files to replace the current. Not sure if it might just work tho, so you can try renaming joffrey.mdx to anduin.m2 and placing it in "creature/anduin/" and then also rename JoffreyFinal.blp to anduinskin.blp and put it in the same folder. No promises here but it might work

I'll give it a try then. I'll keep you notified.

26 minutes ago, Darkarion said:

@MindScape Nope. It will cause my client crash whenever I try to enter my phase with the Anduin creature in it.

:( I personally don't know how to work with rigged models and whatnot, but @Mordred might know more though

(Pretty sure it needs the .skin files and proper bone structure to match anduin's so that don't need to replace .anim files?)

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

@MindScape No problem! I hope that Mordred might be able to help. One more question though. In the photo below, you can see the sash which goes across the man's chest. Will it be ok to replace a tabard with it, or will it be broken in general?

imageproxy.png

TywinSash.blp

Edited by Darkarion

10 minutes ago, Mordred said:

wb5G1aK.png

You might want to get me these models in .m2 form otherwise there's nothing I can do.

Ah, I found these models here 

(  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/wcunderground/talos-custom-game-of-thrones-models-t1540-s10.html )

Sadly, I don't know how I can get them in m2 form. Unless anyone has it, this might be the end of the thread. Oh well. Thanks for your help guys! :D

Edited by Darkarion

46 minutes ago, Darkarion said:

Ah, I found these models here 

(  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/wcunderground/talos-custom-game-of-thrones-models-t1540-s10.html )

Sadly, I don't know how I can get them in m2 form. Unless anyone has it, this might be the end of the thread. Oh well. Thanks for your help guys! :D

Oh, that's why - it's a Warcraft 3 model. You can look up how to convert it to .m2 for WoW (http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-model-editing/wow-me-tools-guides/281653-howto-convert-mdx-m2.html ). Textures are probably in BLP1 instead of BLP2 format also so they'd need to be converted also. 

That's all I got for ye' tho.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

10 hours ago, MindScape said:

Oh, that's why - it's a Warcraft 3 model. You can look up how to convert it to .m2 for WoW (http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-model-editing/wow-me-tools-guides/281653-howto-convert-mdx-m2.html ). Textures are probably in BLP1 instead of BLP2 format also so they'd need to be converted also. 

That's all I got for ye' tho.

Alright. Thank you for your time @MindScape! :D @Mordred You don't happen to know how to convert the files, do you? If not, you don't happen to know someone who knows how to do it, right?