Swiftfeather1

[Interest Check] Warcraft Roleplay

Which idea should it be?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Vote for an idea! (Multiple choice)

• The Burning Crusade
    • The Wrath of the Lich King
    • The Cataclysm
    • The Mists of Pandaria
    • The Northgate Rebellion
    • The Assault on Blackrock Mountain (Vanilla)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/70 at 12:00 AM

The concept is simple. We pick a certain time window in the Warcraft Lore, such as the ones I am going to propose, and roleplay in it with a minimal tampering with any lore, except for maybe fixing up holes, and full options for players to alter the course of history if they try enough. This would naturally come with some much needed quality control, no custom kingdoms would be recognized in the phase and people would mostly be motivated to play 'Regular Characters' that are in no way powerful, because that kind of ruins the fun.

A simple roll system would most likely also be adapted in order to ensure people don't 'god' their way through.

So, what possible settings was I thinking of?

Well, first of all, most of these are settings IN THE PAST.

1. The Burning Crusade - Legion's third (?) attempted invasion upon Azeroth, the fight is taken to them in the realm of Outland as casualities grow day by day, old truths are revealed and old hatreds heated. Will the Azerothian's succeed?

2. The Wrath of the Lich King - The Lich King, master of the Undead Scourge, has once again avoken. Using the traitor prince of Lordaeron, Arthas Menethil, as his body. The Scourge has assaulted the capitals all across Azeroth, and thus provoked the major (and minor) factions to assault the Forzen North. The Northrend Campaign was one of the most brutal, with casualities mounting up to ten thousands and higher. Can you survive the conflict?

3. The Cataclysm - The former aspect of Earth, Neltharion, now known as Deathwing, has broken out of Deepholme. His destabilization of the World Pillar and great power had caused catastrophic changes to the landscape of Azeroth. As the mad Aspect races towards the world's final hour, will he, and his lackeys, be stopped?

4. The Mists of Pandaria - After the defeat of Deathwing, the Horde and Alliance started actively fighting once more. A desperate Naval Battle has led them onto a new continent. A continent shrouded from the world, and thus protected from all the darkness that has plagued Azeroth. Upon landing, the forces of Horde and Alliance find out the latter statement is not exactly true. Will they be able to stop the Sha with mounting tensions, or will they succumb to their dark emotions?

5. The Northgate Rebellion - Tensions are high in the kingdom of Gilneas after the wall had sealed off the village of Pyrewood and Lord Darius Crowley had sent off a regiment of soldiers to aid Jaina Proudmoore. Some say he may be planning to rebell, but such thing would surely be insanity... No?

6. The Assault on Blackrock Mountain - The forces of the Horde and Alliance prepare to assault the Blackrock Mountain, home of the Blackrock Orcs and the evil Elemental Lord Ragnaros. Reinforcements may never come, the politics of Stormwind being too convoluted to free any up. Will they be able to succeed?

Personally I like 1, 2 and 5 the most. Though I've only ever done 1 and 2.

what the fuck is the northgate rebellion?

4aed9c12145003.56257f6bb9ce6.jpg

go watch this cinematic again. just once. i promise.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

what the fuck is the northgate rebellion?

4aed9c12145003.56257f6bb9ce6.jpg

go watch this cinematic again. just once. i promise.

darius crowley and genn 'big dick' greymane go toe to toe in a boxing match over some pent up sexual frustration between one another, bringing the entire kingdom to watch and take part

give us some wrath

How do you want to RP Gilnean civil war, I mean since we know nothing about how it played out.

On 5. 9. 2017 at 1:44 AM, Vojtik said:

How do you want to RP Gilnean civil war, I mean since we know nothing about how it played out.

Educated guesses, I would say. More player freedom, and all.

Outland has been left out all most completely. I don't remember the last time someone did an Outland themed RP. I'd like to see a Burning Crusade one, relive the threat of the Fel Horde and aid Thrallmar or Honor Hold in the battle for Hellfire, assault Tempest Keep and take down the rogue Kael'Thas, see what Rexxar's up to, take down Illidan's hold over the broken world bit by bit, assault the Throne of KJ and put an end to the Demonic Overlord Kazzak...Its a perfect war like themed rp set in the old days of classic where there were no furries like worgens and pandas and the newly introduced Draenei were mysterious and interesting whilst the betrayal of the Elves of Quel'Thalas was totally unexpected.

Hell, I'd like to see some First Gen DK RP going on around Teron Gorefiend...Its been long since I've seen some of them.

Insert Signature Here.

Either BC or WOTLK, make it mostly RP orientated, fill the fucking GAPS that Blizzard didn't try to fix or patch. Give us something that makes us want to drool and beg for more. When in Retail its about grinding, action and clicking; this is a RP server and thus this plan of yours and interest should be like minded. More RP orientation, more lore that we missed or didn't get to see. Things that are different, things we can interact with, things that have consequences and gains,

There's plenty of interesting things to be done in WOTLK in my opinion, there's for instance Wyrmbane and his elite warriors within the 7th legion, the insanely awesome Malygos storyline and his hunt for the mages, the cult of the damned and Kel'thuzad, entirely possible to be roleplayed out if you're into either roleplay. Not to mention the argent tournament, or the argent storyline in general which would provide the religious spectrum. There's just so many fucking awesome things in WOTLK that it's just, overflowing with potential.