Norshar

Nathrezim versus Spectral Sight

On 2017-09-09 at 3:51 PM, Beast said:

Weren't you saying spectral sight can't see nathrezim though..?

Hrmmm... :/

srry but demon hunters are weak in comparison to a nathrezim anyone who thinks otherwise has been spending 2 much time on retail reading game mechanics

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

srry but demon hunters are weak in comparison to a nathrezim anyone who thinks otherwise has been spending 2 much time on retail reading game mechanics

That is true. It was mentioned few times here.

Dear DHs, just because you can see a Dreadlord, does not mean that you can challenge that dreadlord and expect to win. You are not Illidan or the Slayer.

Just now, Vojtik said:

That is true. It was mentioned few times here.

Dear DHs, just because you can see a Dreadlord, does not mean that you can challenge that dreadlord and expect to win. You are not Illidan or the Slayer.

god damn i love u so much <3

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

Doesn't mean their spectral vision thats purpose is for seeing demons of all forms doesn't work on them, we already went over this with the homunculus thing. Spectral sight sees all demons, doesn't mean they have to be as strong to see such when it's the very purpose of their vision, there's no implication it has any power level in regards to spectral sight as if anyones would be better than anothers of some BS "hurrr mines betr than urs"

Even if they can't go toe to toe with a dreadlord doesn't mean they're incapable of seeing them. Stop this nonsense, spectral sight sees all demons.

/thread

Edited by Beast

In actuality, based on how spectral sight works in the lore, more powerful demons should "glow shinier"

Forgive me if I say something that has already been said, but personally I most definitely think that DHs can see through the guise of Nathrezim. Your average Hunter, upon doing so, should promptly shit themselves (but emotionlessly cause you're a callous-ass DH) and try and get assistance. 

That quote that 'Even the most powerful hunter would have trouble tracking down and slaying...' (Big paraphrasing going on here) has been used a little. Personally, I don't think is reference to spectral sight or their illusions, but rather the cunning of the Nathrezim. 

Even if the DH can see them, the Nathrezim should be smart enough and informed enough to not only be able to make a quick escape, but is likely to be one step ahead of the hunter at all times. A DH Travelling through any normal city would gather some attention, and any self-respecting Nathrezim disguised as a powerful figure should know the hunter is coming long before they arrive. Hence the 'tracking' part. Sure they can see through, but stalking and surprising a being with immense knowledge and a knack for subtlety that can practically dissapear upon a whim and without a trace is hard as fuck. 

Disclaimer: I did very little research on this and was just bored AF at work and wanted to contribute. Feel free to rip me to shreds

You offered a better argument than "nah demon hunters can pwn nathrezim" so that's a good thing.

demon roleplay is the pinnacle of roleplay if you say otherwise well haha sorry buddy idk where you've been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna go make a nathrezim right now and describe how my wards are very powerful and last permanently because heh why would i battle it with wit when i can just cast harder

also of course mana is a game mechanic this is why we never see mages run out???

Edited by Killaninja12

3 hours ago, Dove said:

Woah man you're really dense.

old news

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

1. mana is canon thing - f.e. Mana crystals or Manaforges as a proof.

Mana is the substance which transfers arcane energy

And we see mages in lore to "run out of mana", physical symptoms are getting tired, feeling exhausted, ...

Of course it's not some bar which mage has and it's used differently in game than in lore, but it's a thing.