Matt

Let's talk about Gigantism

I feel like this is a problem that consistently plagues fantasy roleplay. All too often have I seen players misrepresent themselves in terms of height and performance, often times you will see people and this is most notable with Humans, stating their character is of unnatural height and still being physically fit. The most common explanation for this is due to one of two things 1, they are Half Vrykul or of Northern decent. There are no recorded instances of Half Vrykul existing in lore, to even consider stating to be of such origination is purely custom lore, which hey if that's what you want to do than by all means but don't expect others to accept your canon as legit. On the topic of Northern Humans.....they are the same scale as normal humans...being born in a cold climate does not affect your growth....simple as that. The second problem that I CONSTANTLY see is people claiming to suffer from Gigantism. To those who are unaware of what this is, it's a condition of which a person is born with that as it sounds affects growth often times making the individual taller. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantism Now that's fine and dandy if you want to state that you suffer from the condition -BUT- there is a distinctive trade off to having it, YES you are taller than your average Joe, but what people ALWAYS forget is that Gigantism is NOT a good thing to have, it effects your bone structure and muscle structure making you actually weaker because of it. To say that your 7 foot eight Half Vrykul Lord of your custom lore castle of whothefuckwhereville is simply in my opinion just a shitty way to excuse for having unrealistic character properties. Feel free to discuss below.

Acf089i.gif

Sorry Matt but if you think you'll get as much replies as you did on my topic you're wr------

i wanna go with not applying realism to a fantasy game

Edited by Norshar

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

@Norshar I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion

You're taking gigantism and inserting it into WoW, a irl disease. It's fantasy roleplay for a reason.

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

Right that's one thing to say you are tall, but saying that you are -ACTUALLY- suffering from the illness is another. Also my response was to the first part of your post.

Acf089i.gif

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right that's one thing to say you are tall, but saying that you are -ACTUALLY- suffering from the illness is another. Also my response was to the first part of your post.

Ah thought it was to the second part

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

100% agree. 2.1m is just about at the limit of acceptable height.

If I see any 3+m human, I'm killing it with laser beams from my eyes.

12 minutes ago, MadaraUchiha said:

as autism is in irl

oh hi im an irl autist
but the thing is, half-vrykuls are worse.
that is all

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

2 hours ago, Matt said:

On the topic of Northern Humans.....they are the same scale as normal humans...being born in a cold climate does not affect your growth....simple as that.

Well, not necessarily that cut and dry, although variances in size of such a large degree are unlikely.

Edited by Silcore
modified link

hear ye hear ye

the wise ruler of epsilon and greatest rper in the land, traius the bottomfeeder, hereby does decree that scaling above 1.08 is officially

fucking dumb

9e3d9243b100235406bd182b7b6f2ba9.png

9ce7aadb04f6fe22373c29eb3bfb0db9.png

• Half-Vrykul don't exist.
  • Gigantism isn't canon and if you use it as custom lore, you're going to be disabled/greatly limited by defects.
  • "Nothrend humans" are not taller by any means.

Anyone disputing these claims must come to the realization that they are custom lore nooblets.

Case closed. /thread

Edited by Beast

im an elf and elves are huge so im going to be .mod scale 1.1 even if you like it or not srry friend

me cowman, me scale 2.

(actually elves in game are bit higher than in lore, well the only thing speaking about heights is OBG, if you take that as lore)

Scaling above 1.08 isn't dumb either. For example, the accurate scale of a tauren for their average height of 10ft is 1.13 since their model doesn't even represent their height lore wise. Drawing the line at .08 seems odd too. Whatever is accurate to their average scale is acceptable even if a bit over/under since height obviously varies. Though the case of 1.13 is an exception since tauren height is way off, other races going beyond 1.1 is questionable and beyond that further begins to get a bit ridiculous like the 10ft female draenei and 12ft worgen I've seen recently.

Simply put... Scale appropriately.

That should help.

Edited by Beast

Ofc Half-Vrykul's aren't real, they are still humans. (?) Honestly, "Half-Vrykuls" are in fact, HUMANS.

" Under King Ymiron's reign, 15,000 years ago,[5] the curse caused vrykul children to be born in a disfigured state, which was considered "weak and ugly" by vrykul standards.... "

"...  However, not all vrykul could bear to kill their own flesh and blood. Despite their king's harsh decree, they sheltered their children and took them away to a land far away from Northrend, the modern Tirisfal Glades. They had heard stories of the vrykul clan that had followed Tyr and had settled in that area, and decided it was a safe haven for their children. There they nursed and raised their children in secret, and taught them the stories and values of ancient vrykul society. Finally, with heavy hearts, they left them in the care of the vrykul that inhabited Tirisfal, before returning to Northrend. These outcast vrykul "runts" would later form their own cultures and kingdoms, and became known as humans." - Wowpedia.

Vrykul (pronounced ['vraɪ.kʊl]) are a race of fearsome half-giant warriors native to the Howling Fjord, located in southeastern Northrend. They are the progenitors of the human race,

Vrykul are already a half-race. We are the runts of the Vrykuls as Humans.

Gigantism in WoW would relate to either Genes, magic or just pure lolRP. But that does not mean it does not exist in real life, these cases present with back issues, which out perfect human in Epsilon believes he is healthy. 

Edited by Highlander

willy1.PNG2017-07-23 00.26.45.jpg