Sign in to follow this  
darksouls250

Db streaming and new Epsi.exe

Please be sure to critically think before you decide to go through and download the update. Just scanned the streaming in the background off a program (using vmware too) and there is some sketchy looking shit coming from it. Most of it is gobjects and new content as promised but there are strings I can't even begin to comprehend.

Allowing an exe to stream to your client is not the safest thing. RPH did a similar thing but this scenario cannot easily be trusted. Also, note how Az said he'd leak the crack after RPH dies? Do you really think it's going to die anytime soon?

From what I can see this is a different streaming client than used before. It's efficient and does its job but... there's no reason for any extra strings outside shit meant for game data.

Stay safe lads.

This is the Blizzard CDN streaming. It's basically overwriting the destination that TinyClient normally downloads from and prioritize our server first. If you browse our website and download our client, I don't comprehend what makes you think CDN streaming is less safe. For the record, CDN streaming is fully managed by the client--meaning that I cannot download some foreign executable and launch it even if I wanted to. Hell, we can't even stream AddOns--we wanted it to but for whatever reason it wasn't able to, we're looking for an alternative solution. Data is downloaded directly into the client and streamed into CASC. All I'm doing is sending fileids and packed CASC files.

I don't get what's there to not comprehend. You have no chance of dissecting the content and telling what's "new gobjects" and "new contents" as promised because it's the Blizzard CDN system. Pretending that you have any technical knowledge and that you used it to tell what is "good data" and what is "unknown" data is preposterous. If you had any inkling of it you'd know that all the data that the TinyClient streams (we are effectively in a permanent TinyClient state) is packed and you have no chance of dissecting it live.

sSHRE9G.png

Nothings dissected, but as a former WoW P. Serv dev you can tell which extension goes where. I have a variety of programs that can give such extensions of data to me.

3 minutes ago, darksouls250 said:

Nothings dissected, but as a former WoW P. Serv dev you can tell which extension goes where. I have a variety of programs that can give such extensions of data to me.

You can't even tell what extensions are being downloaded. You're just downloading hashes and packed files. The only files you're downloading are m2, .skin, .blp, .db2 and .wmo.

It is flatly impossible for the client to download any extension it does not recognize. It is even incapable of downloading .lua files like I explained earlier.

sSHRE9G.png

Yes what you are probably seeing is the addon's we tried to distribute (which don't seem to register)

Give us an example of what you're seeing. Being 90% of the content that is being distributed was made by me, I could probably tell you what it is.